Sean's Picks of the Week (0222-0226) - Shatterzone, One Ring, Cyberpunk AWE, The Strange, Lamentatio

There's a lot going on this week with the Pick of the Day web site. I added in two new categories that I am going daily with as well. The first is a return to something I did before, but a bit more structured, as I am now doing a daily Kickstarter Pick. I've also decided to launch something that helps me pay it forward for all the wonderful things others have done to help me follow my own bliss. It's called Happiness, Peace, and Dreams, and it's a daily Pick of someone's efforts to do something special and important for themselves and their families. Sometimes it's about helping them with a trauma or tragedy, while other times it will simply be about helping them fulfill a dream or find some joy. I hope you will all help me in making the world just a little better, one dream at a time. Now, on with the game Picks!

GearTech

It’s a personal trip in the Wayback Machine for me today. Brett Bernstein of Precis Intermedia kindly alerted me to his posting up of a book I had the pleasure of working on many years back for the Shatterzone RPG (something my dear friend, Shane Hensley, had a hand in creating). GearTech is a really cool sourcebook even if you’re not playing the original game.

You’re only as good as your gear!

Bringing the right weapon for the job means living yet another day. Gearing up with the wrong tools could very well leave you in the vacuum of space — or worse.

This book provides new weapons, armor, robots, cyberware, bioware, skillsofts, and other gear — everything you need for survival. It even adds new vehicles to get you where you are going — and maybe even back again. Two complete mini-adventures are also included.

This classic scanned reprint combines Arsenal™ and Hardwear/Softwear™ into a single volume. It requires the Shatterzone™ core rules (either the original boxed set or classic reprint).

Horse-lords of Rohan

For those who wish to return to Middle Earth, and ride among the great Horse-lords of Rohan, the time has come and the call to battle is heard!

South along the Great River Anduin, beyond the southernmost peaks of the Misty Mountains, lies the land of Rohan. Here dwell the Rohirrim, the swift sons of Eorl who descended from the North centuries ago to settle in the land of Calenardhon. Known also as the Riders of the Mark, they are proud warriors and riders, ready to defend the Free Peoples against the threats arising in the twilight of the Third Age.

Horse-lords of Rohan details the Rohirrim, describing their history and their lands, as well as introducing rules for two new cultures, the Riders of Rohan and the Dunlendings. Also included are rules for handling horses, riding in combat and horse-breeding. As well as the lands of Rohan, this supplement also details the ancient Forest of Fangorn, shedding light on its mysterious inhabitants, the Ents and terrible Huorns; the folk of the Dunland Fells; and the Tower of Isengard and the machinations of the White Wizard, Saruman. It is an indispensable resource for Loremasters looking to take their game into a whole new region.

Ride with the Eorlingas on the plains of Westemnet, enter the Golden Hall of Edoras, and climb the Burg at Helm’s Deep!

Encyclopedia of Impossible Things

All the Things! The curious, awesome, terrifying, impossible Things! For your The Strange campaigns, or any Cypher-driven games where you would like to have such wonders.

Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor. Aladdin’s lamp. Excalibur. You know they’re out there.

They await discovery: Items of power, both legendary and forgotten, forged by the same mythology and fiction that spawned the recursions in which they lie. What would you do with a lich’s phylactery, the ring of Odin, a vorpal sword, the spellbook of Thoth, or the picture of Dorian Gray? What would Earth’s enemies do with these powerful, mythic items if they were brought into our world?

The Encyclopedia of Impossible Things includes:

• More than 400 new cyphers.
  • More than 250 new artifacts.
  • Scores of artifacts made famous by the mythology and fiction that gave life to their recursions, plus dozens of emergent artifacts that were created or evolved within the Shoals of Earth or the Strange itself.
  • Rules for personal recursions for player characters, including a sheet you can use to design and maintain your very own recursion.

Turn Tracker Cards

My friend Randy Oest did a Very Cool Thing(tm) to help FATE and other GMs who run non-initiative driven games better organize the table each turn.

Turn Tracker cards are an easy way to track who has (and who hasn’t) taken a turn in your game. These are useful for any RPG system!

How To Use

Each player gets a Ready for Action!/Done card and places it with Ready for Action! face up. Opponents get assigned either Big Bad, Bad Guys (A), Minions (B), Lackeys (C), or Flunkies (D).

Give the first player the Active Player card. Once that player has taken their turn they flip their card over to show the Done side face up and pass the Active Player card to the next player.

Included cards (13 in total)

• One (1) title card with rules on the back
  • One (1) Active Player card
  • Six (6) Ready for Action!/Done cards for players
  • One (1) Big Bad card
  • One (1) Bad Guys (A) card
  • One (1) Minions (B) card
  • One (1) Lackeys (C) card
  • One (1) Flunkies (D) card

The Sprawl

Were you looking for a cyberpunk approach to Apocalypse World Engine (AKA Dungeon World for many of you)?

Here you go.

Glide through the most secure corporate computer networks. Crack the ICE that stands between you and that big score.

Drop your cyberlinked autoshotgun to the floor empty. Flick chrome blades from your fingers. Dive into the midst of that corporate response team to secure your team’s exit.

Turn up your synth-leather jacket against the rain. Watch the back-alley entrance of the club for your target. Tail the armoured limo through the neon-bathed streets.

Cut power to the alarms. Drop over the wall into the compound. Slip past the auto-sentries. Locate and secure the prototype. Escape under the eyes of the rotor-drones.

Whatever your story, you are the extended assets of vast multinational corporations, operating in the criminal underground, and performing the tasks that those multinationals can’t do… or can’t be seen to do. You are deniable, professional and disposable.

The Sprawl is a game of mission-based action in a gritty neon-and-chrome Cyberpunk future for an MC and 2-4 players.

• Create your own Sprawl at the nexus of bleeding-edge technology and fragile humanity
  • Play hardbitten professionals caught between ruthless corporate interests
  • Win sometimes, lose sometimes and be double-crossed a lot

There are a thousand stories in The Sprawl. What’s yours?

THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS ADULT THEMES AND ADULT LANGUAGE

World of the Lost

Lamentations of the Flame Princess remains one of the leaders on the Old School Gaming Front, with no signs of slowing down. For those who rock their d20s like it’s 1979 (yet really dig some deep story with their hack-and-slash), here’s another massive and intriguing adventure.

Quicksand, Jungle Rot, and Psychotic Robots

Each year, the citizens of Khirima offer a massive tribute of silver to the demons which dwell within the Temple of Ages That Are Not. To acquire the silver for themselves, the adventurers must face bellowing dinosaurs, plague demons, the horrors which dwell within the Abscess, and a dungeon where memory is an illusion and time is a weapon.

World of the Lost is an adventure for characters levels 1-4, featuring a 200-encounter wilderness hexcrawl, a city sourcebook, a dungeon, quests, diseases, new spells, and new magic items.

~~~~~

Another really full geekery weekend here in Denver, folks. Tonight, the next session in my Savage Star Wars campaign (where we're completely re-telling the story of the Prequels with some major changes - no Gungans, no midi-whatevers, no whiny Vader, and lots more Sith!). Tomorrow, a bruncheon with fellow Gamers Giving folks, and another night of awesome NRW Pro Wrestling action as The Interested Parties head to the Nighthawk Brewery to see the show there. Sunday, my Belovedest Carinn continues running her awesome modern supernatural adventure campaign, The Crew.

Hope you have lots of fun planned as well!

The Adventure Continues!

~SPF

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases