Pathfinder Comics At The Humble Bundle With Exclusive Battle Maps

Dynamite Comics and Paizo are bringing a special new bundle to the Humble Bundle site. This collection of comics also features new, exclusive digital battlemaps for your Pathfinder (and any other fantasy game), and a unique physical tier for a random selection of assorted Pathfinder Battles: Shattered Star prepainted plastic gaming figures.

Dynamite Comics and Paizo are bringing a special new bundle to the Humble Bundle site. This collection of comics also features new, exclusive digital battlemaps for your Pathfinder (and any other fantasy game), and a unique physical tier for a random selection of assorted Pathfinder Battles: Shattered Star prepainted plastic gaming figures.

The "pay what you want" model offers readers the chance to unlock over 30 comics and many Maps, two Exclusive Maps, Shattered Star Miniature Boosters, and over 1,000 pages of content!

The core will give gamers and comics fans access to:

• Pathfinder Vol 1: Dark Waters Rising 1-6
• Pathfinder: Origins 1-2
• Pathfinder: Goblins 1-2
• Pathfinder: City of Secrets 1-2
• Dynamite Exclusive Battle Map Pack #1

For those who pay more than the average price at time of purchase will also unlock all of the above PLUS:

• Pathfinder Vol. 2: The Tooth & Claw 7-12
• Pathfinder: Hollow Mountain #1
• Pathfinder: Origins 3-4
• Pathfinder: Goblins 3-4
• Pathfinder: City of Secrets 3-4
• Pathfinder Special 2013
• Dynamite Exclusive Battle Map Pack #2

$15 or more will get you all of the above PLUS:

• Pathfinder: City of Secrets 5-6
• Pathfinder: Origins 5-6
• Pathfinder: Goblins 5
• Pathfinder: Hollow Mountain 2-3
• Dynamite Exclusive Battle Map Pack #3
• 2 Humble Bundle Exclusive Maps - "Humble Bonus Map: Feast Halls" and "Humble Bonus Map: Infernal Sanctuary"

And, as always, a portion of the money is donated to charity, with the designated charities for this bundle being Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, Doctors Without Borders, Camden's Concert, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

WackyAnne

First Post
Glad you posted about this! I emailed [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] as soon as I saw it, but couldn't find/remember how to post it properly myself.
Both bundles are incredible deals, and an incredibly smart response/challenge to WotC and the popularity of 5th Edition. They did do a D&D Comics Humble Bundle a while back, and it was great, but of course, there are still no signs that 5th Edition hardcover material will be released in PDF form, much less offered in a bundle!
As for the bundle itself, these are great stories, and perfect for introducing readers/players/GMs to the world of Pathfinder and Golarion. And the mini maps have always been a charming addition to the physical comics (save for the second? series where they cheaped out, before protests brought them back). Now they are finally available digitally, and a couple exclusive ones for this bundle to boot! If you pay $15, you can get all their past comics, save for the last 2-3 issues.

jaycrockett

Explorer
I have the first six issue compilation already from Comixology, and while I didn't really like the artwork, there was a surprising amount of good RPG content included. Don't know if that continued in all the comics but it's worth a look.

Also I'm tempted by all the maps. Looks like they are 16" by 10" so could be printed on two 8.5" by 11" sheets of paper, is that right?

WackyAnne

First Post
I agree, Jay, I wasn't a fan of the first series' artwork - it made the heroes look too much like the monsters for my tastes. I did find that the artwork improved with the change of artist. I have the first two, plus the Goblins! series all in hardcopy. The maps were great, useful both in the mini-adventure included in the comics, and for other things. Always wanted a digital copy - esp. when a batch of my hardcopies were water-damaged. Shouldn't have a problem printing them out over two pieces of paper - or even better some photo-paper.

WackyAnne

First Post
BTW, there is exactly one week left on this deal, and they've topped it up so that all but the latest issue of the current series is up (Hollow Mountain #4 is the only one missing).

Even if you have no interest in Pathfinder, Golarion, or comics, it's still worthwhile for the 24 battlemaps (8" x 10", in PDF) included. While designed for the mini-adventures included in most series, most are sufficiently general that they can be easily re-purposed for your own games.

Remove ads

Remove ads