CURSE OF STRAHD Is Out Today (In Some Stores)

Got my copy as well. At first blush, it feels a bit more old school than the other modules - there's a lot of the original's DNA in it. Strahd himself, looks to be as deadly as he should be.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Got my call yesterday that my copy would be ready to pick up today...and then had a meeting scheduled for the time the store opens. Have to wait for a couple hours before I can drive over and pick it up. Feel ridiculous typing this. I'm not the type to go to movies on opening night, wait in line to by iPhones or books, but I'm really excited about CoS. First 5e adventure path I've bought.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The thing I find most intriguing about the book is that it uses Lysaga as an actual entity in the adventure, but yet doesn't include the Lysaga Hill Ruins as a location... despite being quite prominent in both Expedition To Castle Ravenloft and [MENTION=607]Klaus[/MENTION]'s Fair Barovia article for Dungeon (both of which are listed as sources of inspiration in the front of the Curse of Strahd book.)

As that location is perhaps the closest "adventure site" to the Village of Barovia, I might go ahead and add it back in as a locale, especially considering I'm going to start my campaign at level 1 and don't want to just use Death House as the single leveller to get the players to 3. Perhaps the coven that is used there in EtCR might be a suitable addition to the adventure for my lower level players (to get them out of the village proper but before making the long trek past Lake Zarovich where the rest of the locales can be found.)

vongarr

First Post
Could someone list out what creatures are in the module? With how many present? Pretty please?
I need to buy some miniatures...

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases