A 'DMs Guild'-Type Thing For Cypher System?

Monte Cook Games' latest Kickstarter is still going strong and has three weeks left to run. A new stretch goal was recently announced, and it's a little different to the usual ones. "If we hit the 24 achievements milestone, we’ll work with our good friends at DriveThruRPG to launch the Cypher System Creator program. Through this program, players of the Cypher System will be able to publish their original Cypher System-related adventures, supplements, creatures, settings, and so on in PDF format through DriveThruRPG. You’ll be able to sell your publications, if you like, or make them free for others to download." It sound very much like a Cypher System version of WotC's Dungeon Master's Guild.

Monte Cook Games' latest Kickstarter is still going strong and has three weeks left to run. A new stretch goal was recently announced, and it's a little different to the usual ones. "If we hit the 24 achievements milestone, we’ll work with our good friends at DriveThruRPG to launch the Cypher System Creator program. Through this program, players of the Cypher System will be able to publish their original Cypher System-related adventures, supplements, creatures, settings, and so on in PDF format through DriveThruRPG. You’ll be able to sell your publications, if you like, or make them free for others to download." It sound very much like a Cypher System version of WotC's Dungeon Master's Guild.

They're basing this on a system of "achievements" which include people tweeting Cypher System haikus and pictures of your game - a bunch of social networks promotional things, basically - and the above program comes in at 24 achievments. 24 is the maximum number - when the tracker bars in the image below all get to the top. (thanks to Dahak for the scoop).

As a reminder, the current Kickstarter is for Worlds of the Cypher System, three 192-page campaign settings for Monte Cook Games' ruleset.

cyphach.jpg

Aldarc

Legend
That would potentially be a boon for MCG. There is a lot of fan content and regular names that float around. I could see MCG attempting to gravitate towards either the DM's Guild or FATE model. The Cypher System, though, seems more niche, as per FATE, so that may be the better model for MCG to pursue.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I hope this eventuates. I have written several things for Cypher System (many posted on these boards). There has been little to no interested here though for the system in the forums (even though there are a lot of positive reviews for the game).

So hopefully something like this would bring a lot more interest, feedback, responses etc. DMGuild seems to be very popular (even if a lot of stuff needs work), so maybe this model will be good.

In any case, if it eventuates, I will be submitting quite a few things :)

Remove ads

Remove ads