Watch Chris Perkins' First Episode of DICE, CAMERA, ACTION

WotC has just launched an official Dungeons & Dragons web show called Dice, Camera, Action. It stars Chris Perkins running a game for Holly Conrad, Jared Knabenbauer, Anna Prosser Robinson, and Nathan Sharp. They are playing Curse of Strahd, so only watch it if you don't mind major spoilers. The video is nearly two-hours long. Enjoy!
[video=youtube;a1ZbgywIF6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZbgywIF6Y[/video]​

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
I loved this. I expect it to be just as good as Critical Role, though its production quality is a little lower. The character interplay between Strix and Evelyn is fantastic.

JRedmond

Explorer
I watched the live stream I thought it was great. My only complaint is them only running it for two hours, it should really be a four hour stream. Their reasoning was one of the players has a prior engagement afterwards, if it were me I would have found a different player that could make the entire time.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I'm really glad to finally get to see Holly playing D&D, and am watching primarily for potential tricks I might learn from observing Chris Perkins at the helm of something long-term.

...if it were me I would have found a different player that could make the entire time.
I'd much rather a 2-hour session with my first choice of players than a 4-hour session with my second choice.

Especially true if I can get those 2-hour sessions going now, versus having to wait who knows how long (maybe not at all, maybe a weeek, or maybe even longer) to set up a 4-hour session with a different player.

JRedmond

Explorer
There are a ton of internet personalities out there, many larger than these. Trust me they could have found another player of the same level.

Either way it's only a minor complaint and more of a compliment if I'm asking for more.

I'm really glad to finally get to see Holly playing D&D, and am watching primarily for potential tricks I might learn from observing Chris Perkins at the helm of something long-term.

I'd much rather a 2-hour session with my first choice of players than a 4-hour session with my second choice.

Especially true if I can get those 2-hour sessions going now, versus having to wait who knows how long (maybe not at all, maybe a weeek, or maybe even longer) to set up a 4-hour session with a different player.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
There are a ton of internet personalities out there, many larger than these.
Thankfully, that seems to not have had much, if anything, to do with selecting the players.

Trust me they could have found another player of the same level.
Trust me they could have taken a lot longer to do that than desired. I mean, given the difficulty inherent in finding 4 hours that my friends and I are all available at the same time when we live in the same city and aren't also trying to play at any particular "air time" (i.e. starting at 4 pm pacific standard time on Tuesdays), I wouldn't be surprised if it took months just getting this set-up in order, let alone an even more selective one.

And no, saying "they should have dropped one of these folks and gotten someone else" is not "more of a compliment."

JRedmond

Explorer
I'm not talking about finding the Chocolate Rain guy to play. I'm talking about the folks in "geek" culture who stream on Twitch or post on YouTube just like these folks do.

I agree it's also difficult for my players and I to find four hours to play. The difference though is that we have normal 9-5 jobs (well I presume you do) these people don't so that's a bad comparison. The typical streamer gets money from streaming not working in a factory.

You're acting like you have a close personal relationship with these people. The fact that I said they should drop the person who isn't available for the original timeslot should not offend you. This is offering all of them visibility to gain new viewers for their normal streams/channels.

I know you are going to respond to this and go on forever from the way you argued on the WOTC forums so I'm going to just let this be my last response. Thanks.

Thankfully, that seems to not have had much, if anything, to do with selecting the players.

Trust me they could have taken a lot longer to do that than desired. I mean, given the difficulty inherent in finding 4 hours that my friends and I are all available at the same time when we live in the same city and aren't also trying to play at any particular "air time" (i.e. starting at 4 pm pacific standard time on Tuesdays), I wouldn't be surprised if it took months just getting this set-up in order, let alone an even more selective one.

And no, saying "they should have dropped one of these folks and gotten someone else" is not "more of a compliment."

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
The difference though is that we have normal 9-5 jobs (well I presume you do) these people don't so that's a bad comparison. The typical streamer gets money from streaming not working in a factory.
There's your problem; you underestimate how much time it takes for these folks to do their non-standard jobs.
You're acting like you have a close personal relationship with these people.
No, I'm not.

The fact that I said they should drop the person who isn't available for the original timeslot should not offend you.
It doesn't. Any offense you perceive me having taken is your imagination at work.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I love love LOVE the Planescape references Holly is throwing out.

Small horns? Berk? DiTerlizzi character art? A cranium rat familiar?! Hell yes. That woman knows her Bleakers from her bashers.

Perkins is giving me ideas for how to RP things, too. I was worried about how many variations on "Russian Accent" I could come up with. :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases