Sean's Picks of the Week (0321-0325) Transhuman FATE, Savage Thule, 5e Amethyst, and More!

The farthest reaches of space and Humanity's transitioning journey in one direction. The ancient, pre-historical past of that same Humanity, facing eldritch horrors with swords-and-sorcery, in the other direction. Magical and zombie-driven apocalypses in the middle. Kickass terrain (on serious sale) upon which to fight the battles for Humanity. This is a great week to be a gamer, folks! Then again, every week is a great week to be a gamer these days, and I daresay gaming is more diverse, more awesome, and more pervasive than it's ever been!
The farthest reaches of space and Humanity's transitioning journey in one direction. The ancient, pre-historical past of that same Humanity, facing eldritch horrors with swords-and-sorcery, in the other direction. Magical and zombie-driven apocalypses in the middle. Kickass terrain (on serious sale) upon which to fight the battles for Humanity. This is a great week to be a gamer, folks! Then again, every week is a great week to be a gamer these days, and I daresay gaming is more diverse, more awesome, and more pervasive than it's ever been!

Transhumanity's Fate

Today, we head back into Eclipse Phase space and the future of humanity.

In Transhumanity’s Fate, you play secret agents protecting the scattered remnants of transhumanity from threats that could wipe it out once and for all. You might be a crusading hacktivist, an anarchist militia fighter, a planet-hopping xenoscientist, a psychic detective, or a social networker owed favors by all the right people. You’re a transhuman—a genetically modified human, an intelligent animal, a mind in a robotic shell, or even a bodiless artificial generalized intelligence. Your body is heavily upgraded, and your mind can communicate with every electronic device around it. You need every advantage, because you’re up against mutants infected with an alien virus, WMD dealers, corrupted AGI god-minds, shifty amoeboid alien merchants, rampaging alien wildlife, and the ultimate threat: transhumanity’s own self-destructive capabilities.

Firewall recruited you because you’re resourceful, you have needed expertise, or maybe you saw something you shouldn’t have but handled it well where most people would have fled in terror. Maybe you lost everything in the Fall, maybe you’re an idealist who thinks they can fix everything, or maybe you’re just looking for a good fight. You’ve passed our loyalty tests—for now—and proven you’re ready.

One thing we all agree on: transhumanity stands on the brink of extinction. We all feel called to act, and with a viewpoint that’s galactic, not local.

Extinction is coming. Will you fight it?

Transhumanity’s Fate brings technothriller espionage and horror in the world of Eclipse Phase to the Fate Core system.

Join Firewall, and defend transhumanity in the aftermath of near annihilation by artificial intelligence!

Transhumanity’s Fate requires Fate Core System from Evil Hat Productions.

Fat Dragon 11th Anniversary Sale

Today’s Pick is an easy one, as my crazy friend Tom Tullis celebrates 11 years in business by putting all of Fat Dragon’s PDF terrain stuff on sale for 50% off!

Badass Zombie Killers

This one’s by Lee Garvin (of Tales From the Floating Vagabond fame*), and it’s one of those great games for those nights when the GM just doesn’t feel like running, but you really want to hack some stuff up anyway.

(*) – Yes, he’s still a good ways behind on the 2nd Edition; buying this helps, because the guy’s had some rough medical roads he’s walked down.

The Zombie Apocalypse is here!

Now, you and your friends must gather whatever weapons you can. But it’s not enough to just grab a weapon: you’ve got to make it Badass!

It’s not about killing Zombies; it’s about looking Awesome while you do it.

Why settle for a Machete when you can wield Laser-Guided Machete-Chuks! And hey, is that a Katana? No, It’s a Black Market Gas-Powered Katana!

Badass Zombie Killers is a stand-alone card game of Zombie Attack Preparedness for 2 to 6 players, full of One-upsmanship and Backstabbing.

You know; with your friends.

Primeval Thule

I am very proud and pleased that Evil Beagle Games was chosen to partner with Sasquatch Game Studio to bring you all the official Savage Worlds version of this epic swords-and-sorcery setting. My partner Ross Watson did the lion’s share of the work on this, though I was pleased to have a small hand in things as well (including a random magic items table that should prove useful to anyone running a magic-oriented SW game).

Primeval Thule is a sword-and-sorcery campaign setting now redesigned for Savage Worlds in conjunction with Ross Watson and Sean Patrick Fannon of Evil Beagle Games! (For other game systems, go back to our publisher page and select the version you want.)

Welcome to Thule, a primordial land of fierce barbarians, elder horrors, and savage wilderness. In this ancient age, humankind is a young race, newly arisen on a monster-haunted Earth. Cities of cruel spledor lie scattered across the great lands of the north like a handful of gems strewn from a dead thief’s hand.

This is a doomed age, a time of great deeds and inhuman terror destined to be lost and forgotten beneath the numbing cloak of endless winter. But for one glittering moment, Thule lives—and it is a fierce, cruel, splendid, and marvelous moment indeed.

This 272-page tome provides you everything you need to introduce the world of Thule to your Savage Worlds game. Inside, you will find:

• A new character race, the Atlanteans;
  • 19 heroic narratives such as free blade, ice reaver, and star-lore adept;
  • Over 50 new beasts, monsters, and villains to challenge your players;
  • 3 ready-to-play adventures to begin your campaign;
  • A detailed description of Quodeth, City of Thieves, the perfect home for bold heroes;
  • Six player referece cards, each detailing a different region to help flesh out character backgrounds;
  • And a whole continent of savage adventure to explore (map included)!

Amethyst: Quintessence

More and more 5e-driven stuff is pouring out, now that WotC‘s finally given folks an updated set of rules to work with (not game rules, but the rules of doing compatible product). Here’s a sci-fi/fantasy mashup from Dias Ex Machina Games, updated to the 5e rules.

Which side will you choose? Which weapons will you wield? Earth is torn between the order of science and the chaos of fantasy. These two worlds cannot mix. Venture into lands once claimed by skyscrapers and factories, now overrun by elves, goblins, and dragons. Choose your path and commit to the quest. Monsters will hunt you; machines will track you. No gods will help you; no prophecies will choose you. The fate of the world rests with you.

This rulebook includes…

–A new adaptation of Amethyst based on the 5th edition (5E) of the first fantasy roleplaying game, the defining RPG of the last, current, and most likely next generation.

–New technology-based rules including vehicle combat and firearms compatible with any 5E game.

–Eleven new races and over thirty new backgrounds.

–Eight new classes based around technology. Over thirty new archetypes.

–High Tech Equipment from revolves to railcannons. Powered armor. Both ground vehicles and aircraft.

–Over thirty new monsters.

~~~~~
There's another week of Picks for you fine folks. This weekend is an intensive writing and design one for me. It's not just the computer game industry that has "crunch times," my friends.

So I'll cut my afterward short and get back to it, and hope you all have some great stuff planned for your weekend. As always,

The Adventure Continues!

~SPF

Remove ads

Remove ads