RPGs On Video: Tabletop Does Fate & Acq. Inc Series Coming From WotC & Penny Arcade

Two online video series announcements came over the weekend. Not only did Wil Wheaton announce that the upcoming season of Tabletop will feature more roleplaying games, including Fate Core from Evil Hat Productions, but WotC announced that their popular live Acquisitions Inc., event hosted by Chris Perkins at PAX East every year will be getting its own video series this summer.

GS-Tabletop-Logo.jpg

[h=4]Tabletop Season 4[/h]
The lineup for Tabletop Season 4, not necessarily in this order, is as follows:

• Lanterns
  • Fury of Dracula
  • Mysterium
  • Code Names (with six players for maximum funtimes)
  • FATE Core RPG
  • Dragon Farkle
  • Flashpoint
  • Harbour
  • Eldritch Horror
  • Star Realms
  • Monarch
  • Star Trek – 5 Year Mission
  • Champions of Midgard
  • Steam Park
  • Tiny Epic Galaxies
  • Welcome To The Dungeon
  • Misspent Youth RPG

The season starts filming this week, with a June or July launch date. Additionally, the second season of Titansgrave is in development, with a planned Autumn release.

[h=4]Acquisitons, Inc.[/h]
PAX East took place this last weekend, and one of the highlights was Chris Perkins DMing the Acq. Inc. crew in another comedic game of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. The full video should hit YouTube soon, and I'll embed it here when it does. Even more exciting, though, was the announcement of a serialised show coming in June 2016. Note there's some NSFW language in the teaser video below.

[video=youtube;dDZJsBiZq_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDZJsBiZq_Q[/video]

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
"one of the highlights was Chris Perkins DMing the Acq. Inc. crew"

Correction, Chris was a player this year. Not my favorite AI event, but it was still enjoyable to watch. At least I have Dice, Camera, Action to get my fix of Chris Perkins at DM.

Grimjack99

First Post
I think I prefer the AI style of cinematography with just one main shot from various angles versus the Critical Role style of multiple frames all on screen at once. I know that many RPG shows have to use the multiple frame technique due to logistics; as with Dice, Camera, Action where no one is in the same physical location. Just an observation. I thought the AI show was OK, Patrick struggled some. Overall, I had some really good laughs. Looking forward to the series.

Tabletop's line up looks very good. Looking forward to Titansgrave: Season II. Hopefully, if they put out a companion module as before, Green Ronin will get it to the public in time. Come on, CP, you've got a net-show promoting your product, so have the product in stores to sell in time with the show. With that I'll say, if you haven't checked out Fantasy Age from Green Ronin, you should. Really nice rules set, along with great production value. Also has Titansgrave Season I as a HC module you can play, and is the rules set used in the Dragon Age RPG.

Brodie

Explorer
Definitely looking forward to both (all three, counting Titansgrave), especially the Fate Core Tabletop episode. I'm hoping that it get the multiple episode treatment that the Dragon Age RPG got. I've been a huge fan since the Kickstarter campaign for Fate.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases