Check Out The 20 Top-Rated RPG Items!

The twenty most highly rated RPG products in EN World's database is an interesting list! D&D has 8 entries, the highest of which is the recent Volo's Guide to Monsters in 5th place. Pathfinder has a strong showing with two items in the top twenty, as does The One Ring roleplaying game and Monte Cook Games' Cypher System. The top item is Bruce Heard's setting, Calidar, which tells of the sky ship Star Phoenix and contains a fantasy setting inspired by Dragon Magazine's Voyages of the Princess Ark, by the same author. Note that an item needs 10 ratings before its overall score becomes certified and included in the chart.
Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 23.34.23.png

133973.jpg
SaveSave

dave2008

Legend
Typically a bestiary is my favorite RPG product, but I don't get the love for the 13th Age Bestiary. Maybe my expectations where to high, but I was not impressed with that book.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Typically a bestiary is my favorite RPG product, but I don't get the love for the 13th Age Bestiary. Maybe my expectations where to high, but I was not impressed with that book.

It's an aggregated score, and I don't see your name in the ratings. Don't complain about how other people voted until you have, too! :)

darkmoonrising

First Post
Its a pity that when the website crashed recently some material could not be recovered. Tome of Beasts reviews were sitting around 96% and is a fantastic book and deserves its place back near the top.

dave2008

Legend
It's an aggregated score, and I don't see your name in the ratings. Don't complain about how other people voted until you have, too! :)

Good point. I'm not really sure how the ratings thing works and really wasn't trying to disparage. I was hoping someone could explain why they rated it so highly. But perhaps this was not the place for that, my apologies.

ddaley

Explorer
I really wish WoTC would release more modules that are about the size and scope of Lost Mines. My group had fun with that one, and it required much less prep work than the later campaigns did.

3catcircus

Adventurer
I really wish WoTC would release more modules that are about the size and scope of Lost Mines. My group had fun with that one, and it required much less prep work than the later campaigns did.

I'm ok with adventures of any length; I'd just like to see a publisher provide a bunch of hooks and links within longer ones to have a bunch of potential branches to other adventures - especially if it is a supermodule or part of an adventure path.

For example - the old Mysteries of the Moonsea has no hooks to Sons of Gruumsh (and no strong links between each of the four major sections within itself). We're not all still in school with a bunch of free time anymore... Lots of us have jobs and families so adventure prep time is at a premium (I normally have an hour or so at most at a time).

NiClerigo

Adventurer
The best rated WotC adventure does not take place in the Forgotten Realms but rather in Ravenloft -I hope they realize this and write books on other settings.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases