DragonWing Games Takes Flight with Three Announcements!

DragonWing Games was founded back in 2002 by Steve Creech and with the tagline “Your game, your imagination. We give you the tools.” has been producing games ever since. This last week however has seen not one, not two but THREE announcements come from the studio covering Fantasy Craft, Starfinder and Oathbound: The Forge. See below for more details…

DragonWing Games was founded back in 2002 by Steve Creech and with the tagline “Your game, your imagination. We give you the tools.” has been producing games ever since. This last week however has seen not one, not two but THREE announcements come from the studio covering Fantasy Craft, Starfinder and Oathbound: The Forge. See below for more details…

(July 30, 2017) DragonWing Games is joining the Fantasy Craft family!

DragonWing Games is proud to announce that they are going to begin producing titles for Crafty Games' Fantasy Craft game engine. Fantasy Craft is a game of high fantasy based upon the OGL. Known for its fast pace and cinematic action, Fantasy Craft delivers a roleplaying experience that is both fun and exciting. DragonWing Games will produce new adventures and supplements that focus on niches not currently met.

"I've always loved Fantasy Craft and both Alex and Patrick are very gracious to allow us to play in their sandbox of fun rules. We will be doing stuff that gamers love, yet maintaining the standards you come to expect from both Crafty and DragonWing Games," said Steve Creech, President of DragonWing Games.

(August 2, 2017) DragonWing Games heads to the stars.

DragonWing Games will be bringing the Dawning Star universe to Starfinder. Blue Devil Games has graciously given DragonWing Games a license that will allow them to produce material set in the Dawning Star universe. "While Blue Devil continues their own development of a FATE version, we felt that it also begged for the Starfinder treatment," says Steve Creech, President of DragonWing Games. "Paizo has developed a strong set of rules in the making of Starfinder and we wanted to the opportunity to utilize those rules within a known quantity. Dawning Star was a great setting under the d20Modern. Licensing it from Blue Devil Games gives us that ability to show it to a whole new audience."

(August 3, 2017) DragonWing Games Journeys to The Forge!

DragonWing Games is pleased to announce that a licensing agreement has been reached with Epidemic Games to produce new material for Oathbound: The Forge. Oathbound is a sandbox campaign originally published by Bastion Press and co-designed by Greg Dent, President of Epidemic Games. In Oathbound, characters find themselves drawn into a world where they must fight to stay alive and become the best of the best. They will find themselves facing all manner of creatures and races never seen before and then testing themselves against those adversaries. The Forge is broken down into domains with each being ruled by a being of great power. DragonWing Games will be producing both adventures and supplementary material that fills in the final domains and to bring the setting in line so that it falls within the timeline set by the new core rules, Oathbound Seven, which is published by Epidemic Games.

"Having been such an integral part in the design of Oathbound, it excites me that I get to go back and visit an old friend, so to speak, said DragonWing Games President, Steve Creech. As a member of the original team, Steve was involved with two of the first domains, Penance and Arena, and had significant input regarding Wildwood. DragonWing Games will be updating the entire world setting for Pathfinder and 5th Edition along with the planned new content. A Facebook group has been established for gaming fans who have enjoyed or looking to be acquainted with the world of The Forge.

Awesome news! I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see Oathbound in Pathfinder or 5e? In different ways, each ruleset could do some great stuff with the setting.

Glad to see Oathbound flourishing. I always liked Oathbound author Jim Butler (was that his name?)--he's the one who started the D&D Classics PDF program, and also greenlighted the D&D Worlds official websites back in the day (Vaults of Pandius for Mystara, Kartagane for Ravenloft, and so forth).

Fireball36

Explorer
Wow, I'm happy to see Fantasy Craft mentioned in the news - it has been a long time. I look forward to seeing what DragonWing Games will add. If they can get Ben McSweeny to provide some artwork, it will be a must-buy for me. :)

Oh Yeah!!! (Insert Kool-Aid Man smashing through a wall here.) I have been hoping and wishing for The Forge to be completed for years! I hope they are able to publish Oathbound Seven in dead tree version (not Dragon Wing's problem, but still...) Now, if only someone could only convince the group over at Green Ronin to somehow finish the City of Liberty, my life will be complete....

Ghostwind

First Post
Oh Yeah!!! (Insert Kool-Aid Man smashing through a wall here.) I have been hoping and wishing for The Forge to be completed for years! I hope they are able to publish Oathbound Seven in dead tree version (not Dragon Wing's problem, but still...) Now, if only someone could only convince the group over at Green Ronin to somehow finish the City of Liberty, my life will be complete....

Yes, Epidemic will be releasing Oathbound Seven and the Oathbound Bestiary in print later this year (I talked Greg into it). No details as to exactly when but it will most likely be late Fall or early Winter.

Sethvir

First Post

City of Liberty was printed by Green Ronin but the development was all done by The Game Mechanics and JD Wiker closed the business this year. So they are now defunct. He has a Facebook Fan Club page and has some material from The Game Mechanics available there. Believe me, the City of Liberty was one I was really hoping to see complete as well.

City of Liberty was printed by Green Ronin but the development was all done by The Game Mechanics and JD Wiker closed the business this year. So they are now defunct. He has a Facebook Fan Club page and has some material from The Game Mechanics available there. Believe me, the City of Liberty was one I was really hoping to see complete as well.

Drat; I had hoped that with some of the Mechanics going their separate ways a while back, that the property might be licensed out, at least. Do you know if that would still be a possibility, if someone were willing to take on the project (possibly one of the aforementioned Mechanics)?

Remove ads

Remove ads