What's Green Ronin Up To In 2018? The Expanse, Lazarus, & More!

Green Ronin has posted its plans for the first half of 2018, which include The Expanse RPG, being Kickstarted in a few months, Modern Age in the Spring, along with the World of Lazarus setting, a new edition of Freedom City for Mutants & Masterminds, and more!

MA_Lazarus_cov_PRODSHOT_preview.jpg

Here's the list for the first half of the year:

• The Expanse (Kickstarter in a few months, game releasing at Gen Con in August)
  • Modern Age (Spring)
  • The World of Lazarus setting for Modern AGE (Spring)
  • Fantasy Age Companion
  • Faces of Thedas (for Dragon Age)
  • Aldis: City of the Blue Rose (for the Blue Rose RPG)
  • Freedom City (for Mutants & Masterminds; out this week)
  • Rogues Gallery (for Mutants and Masterminds; Spring)
  • Shadowtide (Blue Rose novel)
  • Ork! The Roleplaying Game (new edition)
  • Return to Freeport (6-part adventure for Pathfinder; later spring)
Later in the year, we can expect to see:
  • Basic Hero's Handbook (for Mutants and Masterminds)
  • Superteam Handbook (for Mutants and Masterminds)
  • A Mutants & Masterminds novel
  • Sentinels of Earth Prime (card game)
  • Lost Citadel (D&D 5E campaign setting)
Green Ronin also reports that its Song of Ice and Fire license has expired; they can continue selling existing books, but cannot produce new ones. Read more here!

[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

The Kickstarter for The Expanse isn't happening for a few months, and yet the game is going to be released in August?

I think they're ahead of schedule on it. :) From Chris Pramas' blog:

"We announced that we’d licensed James S.A. Corey’s terrific series of scifi novels last year and since then Steve Kenson has been leading the team designing the core rulebook. In a few months we will be Kickstarting The Expanse RPG and the rules will actually be done before we even start the crowdfunding campaign."

Egg Embry, Wanna-lancer
Interested in reading other EN World reviews of all-ages games? Check out:
Hero Kids, Pip System, Adventures in Wonderland, and My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria.
If you're a publisher and have an all-ages RPG that you'd like to have reviewed, please contact me
here.

Mallus

Legend
I wonder how similar/different the Expanse rules will be to the heavily-modified d20 Modern Ty Franck used to run his campaign?

Mallus

Legend
It is using a version of the AGE system (used by Dragon Age, Fantasy AGE, and Blue Rose).
Thanks.

I'm not familiar with AGE. Is it crunchy? My gut feeling is Expanse as a game would benefit from relatively heavy, "crunch" mechanics with a FATE-like metacurrency system layered over top. I think you need both to emulate all the nods to SF "realism", the technical Tom Clancy-in-space stuff, while still allowing for the over-the-top heroics found all over the series.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases