Sean's Picks of the Week (0305-0309) - GMs Day Sale Week!

As of this being published, you have only a couple of days left to take advantage of the amazing 33% off thousands of products on DriveThruRPG as part of the GM's Day Sale. I decided to point out some of the top-selling items that folks are grabbing even as you read this. This is flat out one of the best sales you'll ever see on DTRPG, so you want to get on that right away, yeah? It's over on the 11th!

GENESYS CORE RULEBOOK

It’s GM’s Day Sale Week, so I’m focusing on some of the top titles currently available for 33% off until March 11th. We’re opening up with the Genesys Core Rulebook, the house system of Fantasy Flight Games that uses the funky dice introduced in the new Star Wars line. Reconfigured to open the system to all kinds of stories, it brings the brand of player-and-GM narrative gameplay that FFG innovated to a wider audience.

Face down a dragon as a brave knight, hack into a corporate security system as an elite runner, set sail in your airship. Unlimited adventure awaits you in Genesys, a new roleplaying system designed for a variety of settings and limited only by your imagination.

The Genesys experience begins with the Genesys Core Rulebook, which features an explanation of the innovative narrative dice system and core mechanics of the game, an overview of five different settings in which to place campaigns, and advice for Game Masters to craft a myriad of adventures with unparalleled freedom.

REMARKABLE INNS & THEIR DRINKS

Today’s Pick for GM’s Day Sale Week is a particularly hot seller that may be a surprise to many… but it shouldn’t be. How many great campaigns started with a tavern? How many more have had the heroes pass time in one of these establishments, investigating information related to their current quest or just spending some time not smashing or blasting things? Remarkable Inns & Their Drinks is one of those incredibly useful resources designed to make the Game Master’s life that much easier while assisting in creatively telling the story. Thus, it makes for a great GM’s Day present!

Remarkable Inns & Their Drinks is the definitive guide to taverns, how to create your own and bring them to life. This richly detailed 88-page tome offers a wealth of new gameplay options, 8 ready-made taverns, NPC’s, rumors, secrets and over a 1.000 random list options. What are you waiting for? Step inside!

Turn ordinary tavern visit into remarkable, exciting roleplaying experiences. Need some inspiration for bar brawls? Peculiar games of chance? Innkeeper mannerisms? This book has it all, and more.

Chronicled by famous adventurer Quilla Bladesong, you will discover famous places such as The North Call Inn, Fizzlenozzle’s Hall of Wonders and The King’s Coin. Each includes relevant NPC’s and a number of secrets and rumors that provide story hooks for many new adventures. Each tavern is written so that it can easily be dropped into your existing campaign world and become a place your players love returning to, time and again!

• 88 pages of rich, inspirational content
  • Compatible with any tabletop RPG system*
  • 8 ready-made famous taverns & their history
  • NPC’s, story hooks, rumors, foods & drinks
  • Optional new gameplay rules
  • Entire section about creating your own taverns
  • Over 1.000 options through random generation tables

* Some special effects are 5e-ish.

BECKETT'S JYHAD DIARY (V20)

Rolling on through GM’s Day Sale Week, here’s another hot item on sale for Vampire: The Masquerade (20th Anniversary) fans. Beckett’s Jyhad Diary is the definitive sourcebook for those who want to delve into the entire World of Darkness as it pertains to the eternal struggles and games engaged in by vampires.

It’s ever been a loaded word among vampires. Jyhad is in force everywhere from lofty, perfumed Elysium to cloying, smoke-filled blood feasts. Jyhad’s the eternal game played by elders, Methuselahs, and worse — it’s the agenda of beings so utterly beyond humanity, one such as yourself could scarcely understand its movements.

Luckily for you, you’ve picked up a copy of my diary. With my help you may just take a step on the first rung of understanding. Information worth having is information you must earn through blood, and oh, how I’ve bled for what’s contained within these pages.

— Beckett

Beckett’s Jyhad Diary serves as the definitive book of setting and plot for Vampire: The Masquerade, containing 30 chapters spanning different geographical regions, encountering vampires of every clan, profiling obscure and profound segments of the mythology, and providing countless story hooks on every page.

Masterfully written by the likes of Neall Raemonn Price, Joshua Alan Doetsch, Myranda Sarro, Steffie de Vaan, Malcolm Sheppard, Alan Alexander, Renee Knipe, and Matthew Dawkins, Beckett’s Jyhad Diary is as fascinating to read as to use for your game Chronicles.

INFINITY RPG CORE BOOK

There aren’t many days left for GM’s Day Sale Week, so make sure you check out everything that’s currently 33% off! Like this gem from Modiphius, the Infinity RPG Core Book. Based on the very popular miniatures skirmish game of the same name, this is yet another license Modiphius grabbed and ran with in a huge and in-depth way.

Discover adventure in the human sphere and beyond!

Contains: Infinity RPG core Book + FREE Adventure Quantronic Heat a 40 page adventure featuring a cyber threat to the human sphere for you to enjoy!

In the twisted jungles of Paradiso, humanity fights for its survival. The fierce, alien warriors of the Combined Army have poured through the Acheron Gate, descending upon the emerald jungles of the newest colonial world in a seemingly unstoppable torrent. The bestial Morat pound the Paradiso front, where brave men and women fight ceaselessly to maintain a defensive line which the sly Shasvastii penetrate with devastating ease. In the star-swept skies above, the collected might of humanity’s armadas maintain a life-or-death blockade to cut off an endless horde of alien reinforcements. And if any of humanity’s fractious forces falter, then all may be lost…

But beyond the terrifying holding action, the intrigues and adventures of the human sphere spin on. Space pirates cruise through the shattered planetoids of Human Edge. Scientists and adventurers delve the oceans of Varuna. Merchants guilds scheme amidst the scourging sands of Bourak. From Yutang, the Emperor gazes forth from an uneasy throne. Titanic war machines stride across the icy plains of Svalarheima. Byzantine hypercops struggle for dominance amidst the chrome towers of Neoterra.

For the last ten years, players have tested their mettle upon the battlefields of the Human Sphere in Corvus Belli’s hugely-popular Infinity skirmish game. Now you can expand your adventures, diving deep into the amazing, never-before-seen depths of the Infinity universe with the ultimate science-fiction roleplaying game.

Play the Dynamic 2D20 Game System featuring:

• Cinematic action driven by the twin engines of Heat and Momentum.
  • The triple battlefields of Warfare, Infowar, and Psywar.
  • A multifaceted zone system which brings the world to life.

Explore the Definitive Guide to the Infinity universe with

• A complete chronology of the Human Sphere detailing centuries of bloodshed.
  • The culture, history and intrigue of ten powerful factions.
  • Gazetteers for all twelve worlds of the Human Sphere, including beautiful, full colour maps.

Leap into your character by

• Treading an immersive Lifepath system to create a character from within the G5 nations.
  • Vying with other human factions using the fractious, innovative, Wilderness of Mirrors scenario design system
  • Face dozens of fearsome ready-to-play enemies, who stand between you and your destiny!

THE PIRATES OF DRINAX

We’re closing out GM’s Day Sale Week with this gem from Mongoose Publishing for the Traveller RPG. A rather expansive campaign that could potentially keep a group of players going for years, The Pirates of Drinax is a perfect gift for that Game Master you’d really like to run a serious science-fiction RPG for you.

Possibly the best campaign ever published…

A truly massive Traveller sandbox, the Pirates of Drinax is packed with enough adventures and source material to keep even the most dedicated group going for years!

In the Pirates of Drinax, the Travellers play a band of adventurers entrusted by the King of Drinax with a letter of marque, permitting them to prey on ‘illegal’ trade within the borders of the vanished kingdom. The King hopes this piracy will give him the leverage he needs to restore Drinax to its former glory, and intends for the Travellers to win back all the planets lost over the last two centuries – but the King’s plans are just the starting point for this campaign.

Once the Travellers have their letter of marque and ship, it’s up to them what to do next. Will they stay loyal to their patron and help restore Drinax? Will they turn rogue and create their own kingdom? Will they be heroes or monsters, pirates or privateers? Will they make their fortune amid the pitiless stars, or will the cold depths of the Trojan Reach be their grave?

The Pirates if Drinax contains three books and a poster:

* Book 1: The Pirates of Drinax Campaign
* Book 2: The Trojan Reach
* Book 3: Ships of the Reach
* A giant 24” x 40” double-sided poster map

The three books that form The Pirates of Drinax contain a full campaign, the Trojan Reach sector, rules and source material introducing the ferocious but noble Aslan, and many new ships unique to the Reach, along with a giant poster map featuring the Trojan Reach sector, the Floating Palace of Drinax, and the Harrier-class commerce raider.

The Pirates of Drinax truly has everything you need to run an action-packed Traveller campaign.

-----

Well, here we are! As you're reading this, two huge things are happening with me right now. First off, I am in Atlanta, GA as a Special Guest of AndoCon.

Second - and a big reason as to why I am at AndoCon - is the official kickoff of the Freedom Squadron Kickstarter! I've been talking about it quite a bit here, and I greatly appreciate your indulging me. I hope you are as excited as so many others are, and I hope you'll take a look at let me know. As always, thanks for your kindness, support, and you're being a part of the Great Gaming Family!

Now then, forgive me as I get about the business of helping fight the forces of VENOM - For Freedom!

The Adventure Continues!

Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks and other article choices, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support.

Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases