The Next Dungeons & Dragons Storyline Will Be...

And the new storyline for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition is...

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! The plot will focus on an urban treasure hunt and a focus on urban and city-based adventures with special rules for running games in that environment. The adventure itself will have variable goals and antagonists similar to the original I6: Ravenloft module, where the DM chooses what "villain" will be the secret villain of the campaign, which will change outcomes of various events. The adventure itself will also have downtime built into the adventure along with the ability to own property in Waterdeep. The adventure for Level 1-5 will be released on September 18, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

A second announcement is anticipated later this weekend, as the product codenamed "Catacombs" has a release date of November 20 and is also a 256-page hardcover book. This would make Waterdeep: Dragon Heist the codename "Broadway" (which also had a custom dice release announced for solicitation last year with the other products, including "Marathon" which turned out to be Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes).

Wizards of the coast made the announcement as part of a weekend-long live streaming event on their Twitch channel, "Stream of Many Eyes". Other products announced during the live stream include updates to the Neverwinter MMO and its Barovia expansion, a new official history artbook about Dungeons & Dragons with images throughout the history of the game, and a new series of boxed sets with props and handouts for published adventures released so far as well as for Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

This article will be updated with more information as the Wizards of the Coast live stream continues.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Abstruse

Legend
Told y’all ;)
There's still more stream to reveal, and they're not giving out the details for another hour it looks like...I'm sitting here with the edit page open waiting for them to give any decent information other than the "worst kept secret" line about Waterdeep...

jaynay27

Explorer
How pedestrian. Would be good to see them do something a little bit on the edge, but i guess mainstream sells, maybe?

Abstruse

Legend
They haven’t given a formal name yet, have they?
Mostly ads so far and talking Neverwinter and the art book and not the RPG stuff.
Yeah, the full details won't be until the roundtable in another 20 minutes or so. I'll be updating with more information as it comes up on the stream.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Like I said before: an actual FR adventure set in FR just seems too crazy...

There is still a lot of directions they could go with this. Lets see the details.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases