Take A Peek Inside Modiphius' Star Trek Adventures: Operations Division Supplement!

"Operations" means security and engineering, and Modiphius has kindly sent me along a copy of their latest Star Trek Adventures rulebook with permission to share some previews of the interior with you.

"Operations" means security and engineering, and Modiphius has kindly sent me along a copy of their latest Star Trek Adventures rulebook with permission to share some previews of the interior with you.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.29.55.png

This is second book in a trilogy focused on Starfleet's three divisions, containing information on the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, Starfleet Intelligence, and Section 31(that's the secret intelligence department). There's also a miniatures skirmish game included.

Pre-orders start on the 4th September 2018, and the book comes out in November.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.19.19.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.21.29.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.21.52.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.23.36.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.24.37.png

lyle.spade

Adventurer
It looks like it includes some good information, but it's unfortunate that about 20% of the book consists of the "Red Alert" skirmish rules, which they made available for free not ago.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Is every ST book by Modiphius white text on a black background?

That's very annoying to read. Is it a deal breaker...oof...not sure, but that doesn't help it's cause that's for sure.

FeelingBlue

First Post
Is every ST book by Modiphius white text on a black background?

That's very annoying to read. Is it a deal breaker...oof...not sure, but that doesn't help it's cause that's for sure.

Unfortunately, yes. It is very straining on the eyes to read. Luckily, the PDF's provided by Modiphius have a built-in option to make them easier to read/print (black on white). They are also indexed well and the PDF's generally have a great layout. I can wholeheartedly endorse getting the digital version. I'd stay a mile away from the dead tree version, though. I have the core book in paper, but use it exclusively at the gaming table, and even there I use my tablet most of the time.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Unfortunately, yes. It is very straining on the eyes to read. Luckily, the PDF's provided by Modiphius have a built-in option to make them easier to read/print (black on white). They are also indexed well and the PDF's generally have a great layout. I can wholeheartedly endorse getting the digital version. I'd stay a mile away from the dead tree version, though. I have the core book in paper, but use it exclusively at the gaming table, and even there I use my tablet most of the time.

Thanks for the info!
Ok that's good to know, but I don't do a lot of reading with PDFs. I honestly feel like this is a deal breaker for me.
Maybe i'll check out the PDF and see what I can do.

Remove ads

Remove ads