Starfinder New System Reference Docs for Pathfinder & Starfinder

Paizo has just announced that the official home of the Pathfinder and Starfinder System Reference Documents (SRDs) will be moving to Archives of Nethys.
20180913-Logo_360.jpg

"Paizo is pleased to announce that they have partnered with Blake Davis and the Archives of Nethys to serve as the official home of the Pathfinder and Starfinder System Reference Documents! The URLs published in Paizo products will now redirect to the Archives of Nethys, as will navigation on paizo.com. Save these URLs for rules reference going forward:

Pathfinder: PFRD.info
Starfinder: SFRD.info

“Over six years ago I started the Archives of Nethys, with the goal of supporting my friends and fellow gamers who played Pathfinder and loved participating in the Pathfinder Society. Now, thanks in large part to many helpers among the Paizo community, the Archives has grown to support more content than ever before and even encompass a second game system, the Starfinder RPG (with a third site not far off!) I can't express how proud my team and I are to become the official representatives of this content. I plan to work closely with Paizo to ensure a constantly up-to-date and useful rules resource for all of the Pathfinder and Starfinder communities." - Blake Davis

As an official licensed partner, the Archives of Nethys will be able to incorporate Paizo’s product identity for Pathfinder and Starfinder, allowing gamers to find all of the Golarion- and Pact Worlds-specific rules they’re looking for efficiently. As Paizo moves toward the launch of Pathfinder Second Edition, the Archives of Nethys will also serve as the home for those rules."

The full announcement is over on Paizo's site.

What's a System Reference Document? Briefly, it's a document which contains game rules references which are available to third party publishers in order to make compatible products. Various game systems have SRDS, and Pathfinder itself was based off the original D&D 3E SRD. This is all made possible by the Open Gaming License.

Kaodi

Hero
Interesting that there is now an official Starfinder PRD because I have been waiting for the SFRD to actually be updated with something other than "Coming Soon" for like a year and it... never did, :D . Looks like this new PRD finally has a lot of stuff that has been released since 2016 that the other lacked. However... I am kinda disappointed by the fact that the format has completely changed. I loved that the PRD separated everything by book. Sure, you had to jump around more. But being able to tell the vintage of things easily was useful too.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Archives of Nethys doesn't seem to be aimed towards third-party publishers, because no effort has been made to remove any product identity.

I sent them an email asking how they will differentiate between the PRD OGC material, what's allowable because of the Community Policy, and the allowed books of the Compatibility License.

They also aren't very geared toward someone trying to make a character. Not enough links. Not enough reference material. The feats list is just "name" and "description". Prereqs (with links) are an absolute minimum necessity in such a list, as seen at d20pfsrd. I stopped looking through the site because I was constantly using the back button instead of following a chain of links.

Kaodi

Hero
Looks like they decided to stop redirecting their original PRD to Nethys. Just says it is the legacy website now, and says Nethys is the new home. I am happy they decided to keep the original available.

Looks like they decided to stop redirecting their original PRD to Nethys. Just says it is the legacy website now, and says Nethys is the new home. I am happy they decided to keep the original available.
I still wish they’d update it one last time, including the rest of the books that the Compatibility License allows.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases