Sector 49 Episode 1: Robot of the Year

Sector 49, Tablestory's livestreamed Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD campaign, launched on Monday night. You can watch it live every Monday, catch up on YouTube on Wednesdays, or hear the audio version on Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk every Friday, so there's a variety of ways to follow along depending on which suits you best.

sector49.jpg

The players are perps in this campaign (as you know, Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD allows you to play as Judges, Perps, or Civilians), and they are playing Saving Matt Damon Block, one of the two adventures to be found in The Robot Wars supplement, which is the first of many Dredd story arcs the tabletop game will cover.

Saving Matt Damon Block takes place during the Robot Wars. It focuses on the Robot uprising in just one block, and how the inhabitants of that block must deal with the situation alone, given that the Judges are all busy on the front lines dealing with Call-Me-Kenneth's forces. I won't go into any more spoilers here, but it is also partly a Robot love story... it's funny, action-packed, and satirical all at once!

We'd like to thank Tablestory for their enthusiastic support. We hope Tablestory will be the first of many groups to livestream their Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD campaigns! We do need to note that Tablestory is a third-party, fan-made production - (an awesome one!)
[h=2]Episode 1: Robot of the Year[/h]As we're introduced to the crew from the Matt Damon Block, they come up with an absolutely diabolical plan to dunk some credits and maybe a robot or two in the process when things go wrong.

characters.jpg

These are the characters:

• Ketchup, mutant hitman
  • Johnny Flash, human henchman
  • Lil Jambles, clone hacker
  • Taskbar, robot medic
  • Billy the Chimp, chimp thief
And below you can see the actual episode. It's about 3 hours long -- I personally find the audio version easier, as I can listen to it while walking the dog etc. but various options are available to you.

[video=youtube;zdcI2YBpLKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdcI2YBpLKU[/video]​

[h=1]In Other News[/h]The Kickstarter is going incredibly well! There's just over a week left. We mentioned last time that we had some announcements to make. We're still waiting on a couple of little details on those, so we can't quite announce them yet, but I can give you a clue: it's the next two Dredd adventure/sourcebooks, and the first two "Worlds of 2000 AD" settings, all of which are already well underway. We can't wait to unveil them any time now! Keep an eye on the Kickstarter for new announcements!

darius0

Explorer
I have to say the karaoke song choice in the beginning was a missed opportunity... First thing I thought was it should have been that song “Who’s Johnny”...

paulvenner

Explorer
i wish them every luck and i hope the game is very successful, they seem awesome, but it pings my ocd too much for me to watch sorry, they get too much wrong, my bad sad but true

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases