Waterdeep: Dungeon Of The Mad Mage Previews

Take a peek at these new images from Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, as featured on Fantasy Grounds. This sequel to Waterdeep: Dragon Heist comes out November 2nd and takes characters from levels 6 though to 20.

Screenshot01.jpg
Screenshot02.jpg
Screenshot03.jpg
Screenshot04.jpg
Screenshot05.jpg

Thanks to Jeremy for the scoop!

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
My expectations are really low for levels 17-20. I imagine they'll drop the ball and just treat high level play like levels 1-5 but with more hit points (which is how they've treated every other level tier). But still, this is exciting. With the release of this book, 5E is now fully supported with official adventures from levels 1 through 20. The edition is, IMO, finally "complete."

Last edited by a moderator:

Hussar

Legend
Looking at all those quest windows in the third picture, it looks like the module might be very much mission based. Instead of simply going down in the dungeon and killing and looting, I wonder if they are going to approach it in a more 1e style where you were supposed to have specific goals before heading down. That would make the module really, really cool. Avoiding encounters becomes just as important as confronting them. Would also mean that the dungeons become more of a setting, rather than the focus of the given adventure.

So, you head down to find the Throne of Coronal, which means you have to recon and plan a route and, depending on how big that throne is, get the thing back out again.

One can really hope.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Looking at all those quest windows in the third picture, it looks like the module might be very much mission based. Instead of simply going down in the dungeon and killing and looting, I wonder if they are going to approach it in a more 1e style where you were supposed to have specific goals before heading down. That would make the module really, really cool. Avoiding encounters becomes just as important as confronting them. Would also mean that the dungeons become more of a setting, rather than the focus of the given adventure.

So, you head down to find the Throne of Coronal, which means you have to recon and plan a route and, depending on how big that throne is, get the thing back out again.

One can really hope.

Agree, this would be great.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases