Want A Job As WotC's Community Manager?

For those who want to work at Wizards of the Coast, there's a new job opportunity opening up. Current Community Manager Satine Phoenix's contract expires this month, and the spot has opened up for applications.

1200px-Wizards_of_the_Coast_logo.svg.png

Here's what Satine Phoenix said on Twitter:

"SUCH an amazing year with my friends at [WotC]. As my contract comes to an end April 1st, a space for a new Community Manager opens up!! http://company.wizards.com/content/jobs?gh_jid=4235887002 …
I encourage you to apply! You: Seattle based heart full of compassion & passion to bring the community together.

It has been an honor to have been a part of [D&D]. Our Marketing team is incredible! @GregTito @Bart_Carroll @PelhamGreene no one knows how hard they work. Please be patient with them. I am humbled by what they can accomplish. The love and support within [D&D] is inspiring!

What does this mean for me? I’m focusing on my new projects in @GildingLight, a couple other new secret adventures, http://Patreon.com/satinephoenix about Game Master/Player/Storyteller Coaching solo coaching, games & Group #DMTips #GMtips webinars, http://BurningQuill.com & my book!

My life goal is to bring our community together and share my knowledge and experience with you. When one door closes, another opens… not just for me, for us all. The change in the ether can be a beautiful one. I’m forever grateful for the kindness of @Wizards_DnD this last year.

That you all for your support and encouragement. You are why I love this community. Let's make art that changes the world’s perspective: Life can be better when you allow yourself to play! Thank you for your kindness. (5/5 thread)"

If you're interested in the job, you can find it here on WotC's website.

For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.

We are seeking a Community Manager to oversee the Dungeons & Dragons community. This self-starter should have a passion for and experience in games community management (tabletop and video games) which include: building communities, establishing a community voice, customer engagement, and community leadership.

A Day in the life as a: Community Manager

• Establish community best practices for Dungeons & Dragons brand.
  • Cultivate a D&D community that is open, inviting and positive.
  • Engage the community daily in discussion of products and lifestyle around the game.
  • Identify and mitigate community concerns as they emerge.
  • Be the champion for the players and keep the company honest to its player needs.
  • Take consumer insights and forge then into actions and strategies.
  • Track effectiveness of community engagement and express them in ongoing reports.
What you'll bring:

• Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a marketing or communications discipline.
  • 3-7 years of experience in games community management (tabletop or video game).
  • Corporate experience an absolute must
  • Experience in AAA gaming brands recommended.
  • Experience in team leadership and high level community strategy.
  • Hands-on experience in community building.
  • In-depth knowledge of all emerging social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Forums, and Discord.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
I didn't think that you could ask me "Want a job as WotC's __________?" and fill in the blank with anything I'd say no to.

I was mistaken.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases