Critical Role What DO You Get When You Cross Critical Role With Game Of Thrones?

Game of Thrones is back, and Critical Role is in the middle of one of the biggest Kickstarters ever, so naturally Ilya Salnikov created Critical Role of Thrones, featuring the GoT theme and four weeks of watercolour painting and animation! This is a must-see!

Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 10.47.18.png

[video=youtube;F4cx7LSRKEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4cx7LSRKEo[/video]​

Totally. I've been mulling doing Birthright for my next campaign. D&D has gotten away from the rulership aspects that used to be baked in, and there's a certain appeal to returning to that.

Also, Ramin Djawadi's soundtrack pretty much makes anything ten times more epic. The theme song is an absolute masterpiece.

The perfect world of a "Game of Thrones" story may be Aebrynis(Birthright).

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Totally. I've been mulling doing Birthright for my next campaign. D&D has gotten away from the rulership aspects that used to be baked in, and there's a certain appeal to returning to that.

Which rules are you mulling over? ASoIaF GoT edition is the one I've been more impressed with, but the GoO d20 version isn't too bad either, though it lacks rules for mass combat and house rulership.

I've heard good things about the ASOIAF RPG, what with its "social HP" and whatnot.

To answer your questions, I'm tempted to just run Birthright in 2e, it's original rules set. I've been thinking about running a 2e throwback campaign, after having done a 1e one some years back.

But part of me also thinks that it wouldn't be too hard to bolt on the Birthright rulership rules to 5e.

Which rules are you mulling over? ASoIaF GoT edition is the one I've been more impressed with, but the GoO d20 version isn't too bad either, though it lacks rules for mass combat and house rulership.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases