Acquisitions Inc Book Art From Aviv Or

The official Acquisitions Incorporated Dungeon Manual D&D book has snuck up on us, and is releasing in the next week or so. Artist Aviv Or has shown off some of the artwork she did for the book on Twitter.

avi1.1.jpg
aviv1.5.jpg

"I started with designing [Acquisitions Inc] Positions - a character's role in the company on top of their standard D&D class - as iconic characters. Like the Cartographer, who's about discovering places and getting there; and the Decisionist, who brings decisive leadership to the franchise."

aviv3.1.jpg

"I got a clear brief for each Position's trappings, but other than that I was free to pick whatever race/class/features I wanted, which was AWESOME. I used [this site; NSFW site] for quick inspiration; for example this Loremonger's starting point was "Compassionate Gnome Druid"

aviv4.1.jpg
aviv5.1.jpg

"[Penny Arcade] encouraged me to play with diverse races, genders, shapes and colours - always a great instruction in a brief, and one I was happy to follow. A couple of my favourites are the Documancer (who started as "NB Headstrong Genasi Bard") and the Obviator ("F Selfish Dwarf Wizard")"

Aviv will be sharing more art from the book over the coming days on Twitter, so check out that thread!

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Definitely the art style I was expecting...more cartoony than realistic paintings like Tyler Jacobson but it fits the theme of the book. I’m looking forward to it when it ships in a couple weeks.

Psyzhran2357

First Post
These were he pictures released with that pack of bookmarks showing off the company roles, yes?

Any more news? Or are we probably in the dark until release? I need Verdan racial stats, GIMME STATS

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Great art.
Not my Style for D&D or how I envision it and this doesn't fit into my idea of the Realms.
But, I see this working for fans of the show and more power to them

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Nice artwork, actually reminds me of some of the 3e art. I'm looking forward to receiving this book and flipping through it.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
Great Artist but I'll definitely be passing on this book. Don't like the cartoony direction d&d is taking but I probably have enough material to get through without spending more money so that's good.

Len

Prodigal Member
It's not a direction that D&D is taking, it's a book that grew out of a campaign played by the creators of a comic strip.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases