ICv2's RPG Rankings for Spring 2019: D&D Top, Starfinder Up

ICv2 has released its tabletop RPG rankings for Spring 2019. D&D maintains its top spot, and Starfinder surges to #2, followed by Star Wars and Vampire: The Masquerade.

ICv2 has released its tabletop RPG rankings for Spring 2019. D&D maintains its top spot, and Starfinder surges to #2, followed by Star Wars and Vampire: The Masquerade.

starfinder-wallpaper.jpg

1Dungeons & DragonsWotC
2StarfinderPaizo
3Star WarsFantasy Flight
4Vampire 5th EditionWhite Wolf/Modiphius
5PathfinderPaizo

See the compiled charts back to 2004 here.

Fall 2018's rankings were: D&D / L5R / Star Wars / Starfinder / Vampire​

They never give numbers. They always just say "The charts are based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers."
'k, thanks. I guess it's one of those 'just trust us' things. But then again I can see how actual numbers would be considered sensitive by many of the participants.

It would be really interesting to see how close the various games are to each other, and how much each one is actually growing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Link? The only things that I could find that hint at actual information are words to contact your distributor for a copy of the report. Apparently they try to keep the actual report secret?

Not so much that as I think they sell it.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Link? The only things that I could find that hint at actual information are words to contact your distributor for a copy of the report. Apparently they try to keep the actual report secret?
It's not some massive secret, as you can find out by picking up a $10 PDF. It's just not something that can be republished on the news site, I would imagine.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads