Who wants to help create a Dwarven Stronghold?

Dave G

First Post
Okay, I've been mulling this over for some time... I really like the idea of shared campaign worlds like Daemonforge and Umbragia, but most of the time when I am running a game, I want to use my own world with what I like to call plug-ins... taking something that has already been created, adapting it and placing it within my world...

After watching FotR and playing my Dwarven character in D&D, I keep coming back to the idea of a shared creation... and what better place to give this a try than the new version of EN World!

I would like to build a Dwarven Stronghold, one that is detailed with things like notable NPC's, maps and descriptions... I would even like to include things like ecology and trade needs, so DM's who want to use this know who they would need to trade with in their worlds to survive...

This thread is simply to gauge interest... I would really like to do this, but I want to know who would be interested in helping me shape this idea into a game resource!

So for those of you who, like me, were incredibly inspired by Moria, and those who love the dwarves and want to help, post a reply, and if there is sufficient interest I will post a thread in the appropriate forum and place a link here.

Thanks! :D

pensiv

Explorer
sounds like fun to me.

Attachments

• dung1.jpg
    dung1.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 62,021
  • dung2.jpg
    dung2.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 41,419

cildarith

Explorer
Sounds like a great idea to me. My players have been bothering me about 'going through Moria' for about a month now...

Attachments

• boxed_items.jpg
    boxed_items.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 3,700
  • handout_display.jpg
    handout_display.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 410

Thorntangle

First Post
I'll design the end-to-end Ale Process .

Grain/hops procurement ->
Brew plant ->
Consumption facilities ->
Sanitation/waste disposal ->
Sleeping quarters.

MythandLore

First Post
BillyBeanbag said:
but most of the time when I am running a game, I want to use my own world with what I like to call plug-ins... taking something that has already been created, adapting it and placing it within my world...

Sounds like a great idea, I don't think I can help you though.

Terraism

Explorer
Love the idea!

Beanbag - I love the idea. I was going to beg help in the same manner for an interplanar Inn, but - I like dwarves better. First off - are you just recrouting here? I'd say the whole thread would be better off in Whereabouts, so... to that end, I'd love to help. I'm alright with cartography if you're not going to use someone else's map, and I'd enjoy working on that. I'd also have some fun detailing the... lower levels... hehehe. Things-That-Lurk-In-The-Dark and all that - either way - count me in! :D

Dave G

First Post
Yes, I am just gathering support in this forum, but it looks like there's enough support to give it a go!

I have a date with my lovely wife this evening, but I will post a thread to the appropriate forum tomorrow... check back here for the URL!

Thanks! I'm excited!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases