Cursed Items... to the Rescue!

RJKrik

First Post
Well a small bit of background...

Our group (consisting of a Human bard(thats me :) ), Human Mage (it is 3e, but we like mage better than wizard.), Halfling Paladin of Yondalla, and an Elven Ranger.) are headed down to stop the evil nastiness that is starting to spread over the town of LakeShire. (this is all a homebrew game)

We head into a dungeon. After a few rooms we come into this room full of mist, which had the affects of making it pitch black and causing us to pass out (those of us who weren't immune to sleep spells that is BAH darn elf). Anyhow, we eventually stumble onto a secret door, after much much difficulties (falling rock traps are always fun.) We gather a few magic items together...

2 Scrolls, which our Mage is keeping kinda secret (Well to our characters, we all know what they are its not really important for the story as of yet.)

A book with a large lock on it.

Two daggers. One with a white handle, the other with a black handle.

We make our way out of the secret room, accidnetly setting off the trap one more time... When the Paladin says "Pull the middle one." Don't listen to him. Anyhow, the mage dispells the mist and we continue on through the dungeon.

We find a way to open a rather sturdy door in the next room, which goes down to some stairs and a middle door then another door at the far end. (Hmm like this =----=-----= =door -stairs) We break through the middle door, no problem. and decide to rest here.

The mage casts identify. We learn the Black dagger is a +2 dagger and the White dagger is a -1, and that the book is a spellbook. I take the White dagger just incase, the ranger takes the Black Dagger. We continue downwards.

We get to the bottom door, I turn the knob... CLICK. Water starts rushing into the stairway. We just about panic, try desperatly to break down the door... fail. Rush back UP the staris try to break that door down, fail. Look for switches or somthing... nothing. The water is waist high, the Halfling is swimming....

I grab the white dagger mutter somthing about desperate times, shuve it in the lock and turn. This is basically what happend.

DM: OMG... uh... roll a percentile dice, ah d100.

Me: Ok... 95.

DM:.... The lock turns. You feel very attached to the dagger though, you don't want to put it down.

Me: I uh... push the door open, being careful not to hurt the dagger.

DM: Water is still rushing into the next room.

All: WE CLOSE THE DOOR.

Now, unbeknownst to the other players, I had a little chat with the DM. Apparently, my dagger "wants" to be called Lysander.... Lysander the soul stealer.

Basically, what happend, was I saved the party with a cursed item lol. I know its a rather long story, but a bit ammusing.

Remove ads