ForgedAnvil 5E Characters

ForgedAnvil 5E Characters

1. Conandar
    I still use this generator regularly, but have started to play around with the Hero Labs program (bought the 5th edition SRD pack ($35), and added the community pack (free)). There is definitely a learning curve, especially if you are trying to add custom material, but there is a lot of material (including UA and 3rd party) already available. I mention this as a possible alternative for folks wanting a custom/UA class that is not supported by FAs tool. Browsing through the forums there, it looks like people are having trouble adding the UA Artificer because it is a half-caster with cantrips (no SRD half-casters have cantrips). I didn't see a revised ranger, but I wasn't really looking for it, either.
  2. Conandar
    From what I can see, the Hero Labs program has a user-installed program (Windows), which is what I have, and also a web-interface version that they claim to be even better. I am avoiding web-based programs because of the lack of internet access where I play D&D. I have found a number of typoes in the data packs, some of which appear to be OCR-generated errors (lowercase-L or the nuber one, instead of a lowercase T, in particular).

I am also trying out Aurora Builder, which is a 5E generator program that is completely free. It appears to be based in the Netherlands, so some of the English language support may seem to be a trifle odd at times, but it is still very understandable. Haven't done much with it yet, but it has community-supplied data packs that appear to be even more comprehensive than the Hero Labs program.

Again, both of these programs only support the 5E SRD out of the "box" (keeping them legal and out of WotC/Hasbro's legal sights), but there are community-supported data packs which flesh them both out very well.
  3. tclayton
    You may want to check out Game Master 5 and Fight Club 5 if you are looking for a mobile-based app. It is supported the same way from the community.

I use it on iOS, but I believe it is on the Google Play store as well. iOS App link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/develope...en/id447965537
  4. Conandar
    Thanks for the tip, but I don't use a mobile device (except my flip-phone). With only my left hand to use (and I was born right handed) mobile devices are less than desired user friendly. May well be useful for others, though. In my game tonight I did see two tablet devices being used, but have no idea what app they are using.
  5. James Wichall
    Is this still available? Can I request it privately from someone please?
  6. Conandar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Wichall View Post
    Is this still available? Can I request it privately from someone please?
    Look back a few pages and you should see where a link to the latest stable (v2.27, pre-XGE) is available. If you desire the latest (v2.28 BETA 8, buggy) beta, that may also be available, still. If you want the beta, send me an e-mail @ conandar[at]new[dot]rr[dot]com and I will see what I can do. There used to be a way to get on a mailing list that would provide a link to the latest version, but I have no idea if that is still viable, as that person handling that has gone MIA as well.
  7. Bob Huddleston
    oops

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason