The great post count debate!

sotmh

First Post
I seem to recall this issue being discussed during the initial switch to the new boards.

Are there any plans to hide users post counts?

Personally, I think it's a great idea, since it will cut down on those who post just to bump up their total. I can see, however, how some might not like this idea.

So, what do you think? Post counts or no post counts?

sotmh

graydoom

First Post
Heh. I like post counts. Hehe. I'm having fun with them right now.

However, I still don't post in threads that I don't have any real input for. Really, most of my current post count has come from Fight Club, though a lot of it comes from other forums. But if I don't have anything to say on a topic, I won't post there. Thus, I haven't posted in the cricket thread that I saw, or the PCGen thread, or the thread about "Dangerous Journeys".

All in all, I see post counts as a fun little diversion and/or goal. No reason to take them out, IMO.

Wicht

Hero
I'm with GD, I have fun watching them...

on the old boards, I had personal little goals that I tried to see if I could meet...

but without spamming mind you...

And like GD, I only post if I have something to say or add.

Too, most of my post count comes from fight club where it is not unusual to post 5-10 times a day in 5 or 6 seperate threads, especially when you are judging a few matches and competing in a few.

Terraism

Explorer
Yup - I'd side with Graydoom and Wicht - I like to see 'em... on the old boards, I remember a little 'congrats' thread when Psionicist topped 3000 posts (or something like that.) People didn't make a big issue of them, and they were kinda fun. If we didn't have people spamming then... why now? (I have to say, I was hoping to hit 500 posts on the old boards, and I was a little more than a hundred away... :( schnutz. Ah well - I'll make up for it - I promise! ;))

Attachments

• adventures_enworld.jpg
    adventures_enworld.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 4,253

MythandLore

First Post
Terraism said:
Yup - I'd side with Graydoom and Wicht - I like to see 'em... on the old boards, I remember a little 'congrats' thread when Psionicist topped 3000 posts (or something like that.) People didn't make a big issue of them, and they were kinda fun. If we didn't have people spamming then... why now? (I have to say, I was hoping to hit 500 posts on the old boards, and I was a little more than a hundred away... :( schnutz. Ah well - I'll make up for it - I promise! ;))

I donno, I really don't like seeing post counts that much.
Whatever happend to Psionicist anyway?
I haven't seen him since the switch?

Wicht

Hero
MythandLore said:
I donno, I really don't like seeing post counts that much.
Whatever happend to Psionicist anyway?
I haven't seen him since the switch?

I think you just don't want people to know how much time you are really spending on the boards MR. #6 :D :p

MythandLore

First Post
sotmh said:
I seem to recall this issue being discussed during the initial switch to the new boards.

Are there any plans to hide users post counts?

Personally, I think it's a great idea, since it will cut down on those who post just to bump up their total. I can see, however, how some might not like this idea.

So, what do you think? Post counts or no post counts?

sotmh

I just saw your avatar.
Dude your mad hatter is great!

Wicht said:
I think you just don't want people to know how much time you are really spending on the boards MR. #6 :D :p

Well Duh!
I'm not even trying to get a high post count, but you know how it is some times...
I only had like a 1000+ on the old boards so no one would notice if I was posting like 45 posts in a day.
Now it looks like I'm some kind of freak.

MythandLore

First Post
Wicht said:
heh - you are up to #5 now Mythandlore... better watch it ;)

Oh :):):):)! I better stop for the day soon, I'm almost up to Darkness's amount.
I was just saying to myself this morning, "my god some people have 100 posts already, how is that even posible?"
I guess now I know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases