R&R: Olympus

Psion

Adventurer
Well, I got a copy and GenCon and a review should be up soon. It's a nice book, but I think I like R&R:Excalibur a little better. Certainly not a bad book, and AFAIAC, a good topic for the approach, in that I feel that Greek Epics are one of the big contributors to modern fantasy.

I do not like Lief Jones artwork in this one any better than I liked it in ToH though.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Psion said:
I do not like Lief Jones artwork in this one any better than I liked it in ToH though.

I've been buying WW since '95, and most people I've talked too don't like him either. I'm "blah" about him. It's ok, but I prefer some of their other artists much better. :\

Psion

Adventurer
MrFilthyIke said:
I've been buying WW since '95, and most people I've talked too don't like him either. I'm "blah" about him. It's ok, but I prefer some of their other artists much better. :\

I don't mind when he does scenes. He has some great ones in some Necromancer modules. His adeptness with shading helps bring that sort of illo together. But his individual figures (especially naked or demonic ones...) bleh.

BryonD

Hero
Psion said:
Well, I got a copy and GenCon and a review should be up soon. It's a nice book, but I think I like R&R:Excalibur a little better. Certainly not a bad book, and AFAIAC, a good topic for the approach, in that I feel that Greek Epics are one of the big contributors to modern fantasy.

That's cool, thanks.

I guess I find art to have more of an upside than a downside. Meaning good art can add to a product, but bad art is no big deal if the text is still good.

So if you are saying it is decent and the first negative to your mind is art, then that is a good sign to me! Thanks

Crothian

First Post
The Gates of Troy is okay. It needed more depth for me. It gives one the city, but little else. Alone, it would reqquire a bit of work from the DM to bring in all the elements of a campaign; however with these thoer books it just fits in pretty well.

Remove ads