Player's Guide to Faerun

mercucio

First Post
Players Guide is a supplement in addition to the FRCS. It updates a couple of PrC's from the FRCS, adds (and clarifies) new spells, feats, and material compatable with the Book of Vile Darkness, Book of Exalted Deeds, Expanded Psionics Handbook, ect.

Definitely a worthwhile buy

aurance

Explorer
I really like it. They took special care to add a lot of new material, while not rehashing a lot of the cultural stuff in the original FRCS. There's minimal overlap.

You may have to balance a couple things a bit, but it's a good buy.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Essentially, the PGtF is the 3.5 update for the Forgotten Realms. Not just the FRCS, but for more or less all 3.0 FR books. There's updated spells from Magic of Faerûn, for example. Beyond the necessary 3.5 updates, it revises some other mechanics (most noteworthy Home Regions), incorporates several D&D books into the Realms (Expanded Psionics, Manual of the Planes, Book of Vile Darkness, Book of Exalted Deeds), gives more detail on the FR-Cosmology, and has a small campaign journal, where some of the past events (As written in the first half of the War of the Spider Queen Series and in the Return of the Archwizards series) are explained.

I'm rather disappointed in one aspect of the PGtF: the Initiate of... line of feats.

I was a playtester for the FRCS.

My group, along with many, many others, sent in a long and detailed report on why this particular line of feats was a total and complete mess: horribly balanced on an individual level, horribly balanced when one Initiate was compared to another, etc.

I'm disappointed to see them back in D&D.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases