Tell Us Your Best RPG Joke

STARP_President

First Post
Come on, someone must know some. I got one to start us off:

How many drow does it take to change a light bulb?
You can't tell - when the light goes on they run away.

Well? You do better! Please?

Dark Jezter

First Post
Q. How many clerics does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Just one; to cast cure light.

Q. How many half-elves does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Only one. It turns out that half-elves are good for something after all.

There's actually a whole thread of D&D jokes archived here. Check it out! :)

SpringPlum

First Post
One of my favorites is:

Q. How many elves does it take to sharpen a sword?
A. Three, one to do the sharpening, and two to compose a song about it so when the first one is done four hundred years later, they can remember whose sword it is.

Another good one:

A bard who specializes in ventrioloquism is performing in a tavern, doing several jokes about how dumb half-orcs are.

A very large, very mean-looking half-orc in the back of the room stands up and growls, "I'm sick of everyone making fun of half-orcs and saying we're stupid."

The bard begins to apologize for offending the half-orc.

The half-orc says, "Sir, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the little smart-a** sitting in your lap."

In our current homebrew, one of the PCs is from a kingdom called Solaria, so I've taken a bunch of the jokes and modified them so they make fun of Solarians. The character (and his player) nearly cry when my character says, "So I heard this joke today..."

Last edited:

Oryan77

Adventurer
The half-orc says, "Sir, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the little smart-a** sitting in your lap."

That's hilarious. Now I'm wanting to actually use that scenario in my game just to see how my players react. I'll just need to come up with a couple jokes for the bard to say. Shouldn't be hard, I can use some dumb blond jokes as dumb Half-Orc jokes.

Sejs

First Post
Q. How many elves does it take to sharpen a sword?
A. Three, one to do the sharpening, and two to compose a song about it so when the first one is done four hundred years later, they can remember whose sword it is.

*nod* the version I've heard was:

Q: How many elves does it take to sharpen a sword?
A: Three, one to do the sharpening, one to compose an epic poem about it, and one to complain about how it was better before.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Q: "How many Call of Cthulhu investigators does it take to change a lightbulb?"

A1: All of them, don't split up the party!
A2: What, go out there? In the dark?!!!
A3: Three, one to change the lighbulb, one to hold the ladder, and one to keep watch with a shotgun.
A4: Sorry, they all died when the light went out.

The Auld Grump

Fester

First Post
Okay...

Three old wizards are sitting in a bar and one says to the other...

No, wait. Actually, that's four old wizards sitting in bar. So, one says...

Er, actually, it was three. Definantly three. Anyway.

Four old wizards... three! Three old wizards sitting in a bar! And one turns to the other and says "Have you..."

Or was it four? Hang on a minute, let me work this out... it's really funny. Honest. Just bear with me.

That's right, I remember now! There were only two of them! Doh!

Anyway... so... two old wizards are sitting at a bar and one says to the other...

Or were they clerics?

Anyway...

:p

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
An elf, a human, and a dwarf are sitting in a bar. The barmaid brings them their drinks, and each happens to have a fly in it.

The elf pushes away his elfwine, "I will not drink this."

The human fishes the fly out of his ale, crushes it, and takes a swallow.

The dwarv carefully flys the fly out of his whiskey, gentle puts it on the rim of the mug, and bellows "All right, spit it out!"

Cheers,
=Blue(23)

Theron

Explorer
The first D&D joke I ever heard:

Q: What looks like Black Pudding and wears chainmail?

A: A squashed dwarf.

Thank you! I'm here all week. Try the veal and be sure to tip your waitress.

Remove ads