The Forgotten

Fast Learner

First Post
Caught a screening of The Forgotten tonight. It's really well done: good story, good characters, well-directed, it's got plenty of good thrills, it's got cool effects I've never seen before, and it keeps you largely guessing.

There are a few small plot... well, not truly "holes," but things that need meta explanations that you can easily come up with and not break suspension of disbelief.

There were at least 3 moments when the entire audience -- even the jaded punks -- jumped out of their seats. Really fun.

Frankly, it was a hoot. Highly recommended.

Once it's released I'll post a few spoilered thoughts, but until then it's more fun to discover just exactly what's going on as you watch the film (not in the "twist ending" format, but rather in the "suspense" sense).

Enforcer

Explorer
Don't spoil it for me, but is the thing that rips roofs off of buildings and sucks people into the air (that I've seen in the commercials) a really cool idea? I'm assuming it is based on your positive review, but I've got all these theories and hope that all of them are wrong and that it's even cooler.

My whole purpose in seeing the movie will be to find out what that thing is...looking forward to it.

Crothian

First Post
I would like complete spoilers. I'm not going to go see the movie, it just has zero interest for me but the story idea might be sort of cool depending on how they do it.

Fast Learner

First Post
Enforcer said:
Don't spoil it for me, but is the thing that rips roofs off of buildings and sucks people into the air (that I've seen in the commercials) a really cool idea? I'm assuming it is based on your positive review, but I've got all these theories and hope that all of them are wrong and that it's even cooler.
It's very cool, imo. Very cool.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Oof, the critics as a whole disagree with you. It only has a 26% positive rating on the Tomatometer, with 10 out of 39 reviews unfavorable.

Fast Learner

First Post
Wow, that's quite surprising. I go to a lot of screenings so I'm quite accustomed to how screening audiences react, and this one had tons of oohs and ahhs, and people clapped at the end (which they sometimes do here locally, but very rarely). Afterwards the men's room and the lobby was abuzz with how cool the film was. I've been to many screenings where afterwards everyone is just sullen and in the lobby they pontificate endlessly about the film's flaws, but not so in this case.

Again, that's really surprising.

shilsen

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Oof, the critics as a whole disagree with you. It only has a 26% positive rating on the Tomatometer, with 10 out of 39 reviews unfavorable.
I just heard a reviewer on the radio describe it as very silly, badly written, poorly acted and not the least bit scary.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Man, I am seeing many rips on the movie, from websites to critics...which I think is outweighing the positive views at this moment.

People are so...fickle, what gives?

Remove ads