Artificer's Handbook & Arcana Unearthed?

woodelf

First Post
I really like the spell-slot creation system in the Artificer's Handbook. So i'd like to stick it into my D&D game. However, it's predicated on D&D3[.5]E, and i'm using Arcana Unearthed. So, before i go and figure it out, i thought i'd ask if (1) anybody else has already done this and/or (2) someone with a better head for the nitty-gritty of D20 System has some suggestions.

There are two issues: simple mechanical integration, and maximizing synergy so i get the best o both sources. I really like several elements of the magic item creation rules in AU--just not the use of XP as the limiting mechanism. The consolidation of the feats into functional (instead of form) is great (though there's still the annoying special case for weapons/armor), and the modifiers for various sorts of enchantments(constant, single-use, etc.) built right into the spell descriptions. From the Artificer's Handbook, pretty much the whole spell-slot system is great. So, are the magic-item modifiers [in spells] redundant, because of the accounting for duration in the spell-slot system (such as table 2.6)? Should i use them instead of the general table? Should i somehow stack/integrate them?

For the feats, anybody see a problem with sticking with more-or-less the ArcanaUnearthed feats (perhaps ditching the arms&armor one in favor of constant/use-activated), rather than the power-level ones suggested in Artificer's Handbook, and relying on spell slots to take care of limiting the power of created items?

Any help would be greatly appreciated--i'm sure i can figure this out, given enough time, but i'd much rather devote my efforts to other elements.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases