Veronica Mars Speculation (Nov 9 ep) - SPOILERS

Staffan

Legend
So, in this episode we get seriously heavy hints that:
a: Jake Kane is Veronica's biological father, not Keith.
b: Duncan found out, which is why he broke up with Veronica.
c: Lily also found out (possibly from Duncan), which is why she made an instant change from being all supportive of Duncan+Veronica to telling Veronica she should look elsewhere.

I'm gonna spoiler-tag the speculation, just in case:
We know from earlier that Celeste Kane is a serious bitca, and very focused on keeping up appearances. I can't help but think that she's the one who took steps to protect the secret - possibly after Lianne Mars tried to squeeze money out of Duncan or something (which backfired and lead to the threats against Veronica).

Edit - added spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

First Post
I, too, got to thinkin' that there were some paternity issues. However, if that is the case and Duncan knew, then he wouldn't have had those few moments (when he was off his antidepressants) of considering Veronica as a love interest. So he might not know. This promises to be a very twisty show, which is why I like it. Who knew that UPN could produce such a show? ;)

Welverin

First Post
I was thinking along the same lines, but it doesn't make any sense, because if it were true the parents would have had some idea of the possibility, at the least, and would have something about it (and it was established that they knew the Duncan and Veronica were dating).

Rotogar

First Post
Wow! I had not read that at all. Although in retrospect, I can see how you could gather that. I just figured that they (Lianne and Jake) being a couple was to give us an increased suspicion that they are a couple now ala one of the early episode where Veronica IDs her mother's car at the hotel w/ Jake. In addition, I thought it added a motive of latent jealousy to Keith's 'persecution' of Jake during Lily's murder investigation. Just muddying up the waters a bit. :]

I am very happy with the speed by which they are leaking the Lily Kane murder. Lots of other great plots in here as well.

BTW, if anyone else having trouble w/ Jake Kane as Lily's murderer? He seems to be a pretty decent father to Duncan. Celeste, however, I can see as a murdress... And this last episode made me toss Logan & Weevil into the suspect pot as well. Not high on the list, but still...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases