[Spycraft] Planetary!

Azure Trance

First Post
I don't know why I thought of it this late, but Planetary would be an incredible source of information for Spycraft. According to the Archer sourcebook, which looks to be like a combination of conspiracy theories and real world myths, kind of like an X-Files bent.

So if thats your cup of tea ...

Planetary would be perfect for you. Planetary is a comic written by Warren Ellis of Wildstorm Studios, which is owned by DC. (Fo those not in the know DC also has Vertigo which makes a variety of good graphic novels).

Planetary is a mysterious organization who describe themselves as 'archaeologists of the real history of the world.' With offices all over the world and unlimited financial backing, Planetarys main team consistes of three members:

Elijah Snow, newly recruited because he was born on the very unusual date of Jan 1st, 1900 - the same as other interesting persons like Jenny Sparks. The two members who recruited him was Jakita Wagner and The Drummer, who each have their own unique powers. Together they are financed by the unknown fourth man, so called because Planetary has always been a three person team.

The discoveries they find boggle the mind, and certainly different from things such as the XFiles because of their epic nature. From a Quantum Dimensional machine created in 1945 to spaceships that landed on the moon in 1961 (might've been '59), the mysteries get stranger and stranger. All of this tied into one huge plot which involves all the members and you are definetly going to get hooked.

I'd tell you more but it'd ruin the stories :)

Azure Trance

First Post
I don't collect comics anymore unfortunatly :( Wish I did, but I know I'll get the bug again this summer when I'm closer to my comic store. But when did Ellis start losing interest? Was it shown by longer times between issues? The last one I own (pretty sure) was the Australian Issue, give or take one.

Remove ads