D&D 3E/3.5 Dragon Mountain 3.5?

gworeth

First Post
Hey'all!

My second post......Well here goes....
I'm in the process of converting the good old Dragon Mountain to 3.5. It takes a lot of time, it's fun though...but then I thought that out there in the great big world, a friendly soul might already have gone trough the converting process and might want to share their material. I saw a thread once that somebody had made the convertion, but I didn't find the info...So has anybody done it and are they willing to share?

I like this site!!! :cool:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
now that's a big project! :)

i have converted the living steel to 3.0 on the Creature Catalog website, and i don't remember if i did any other creatuers (i may have).

gworeth

First Post
Hmmmm, well, yes....As I said, I have begun the process of converting this monster of an adventure. At the time I began my computer was out of whack, or something to that effect, so I did it all the old fashion way...pen and paper, and I kind of liked it and dumb as I was, I continued that way. At the moment I've more or less completed converting book I, a long with monsters and such. And all the info is written on paper, PAPER!!! :mad: Not easy to share, but I suppose scanning the material could be done, and I suppose sense could be made out of my handwriting for all other mortal beings, but I am sceptical of how well the outcome could be, but send me a mail, and I could scan a few pages and you could let me know if it's useable.
Oh! another point: I'm Danish, I write all stats ans such in English, but some notes here and there might be hard for y'all to figger out, since it's in...Danish! But I'm willing to give it a try.

Happy trails!

Gworeth

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
gworeth said:
...I am sceptical of how well the outcome could be, but send me a mail, and I could scan a few pages and you could let me know if it's useable.
Oh! another point: I'm Danish, I write all stats ans such in English, but some notes here and there might be hard for y'all to figger out, since it's in...Danish! But I'm willing to give it a try.

Happy trails!

Gworeth
I'd like to see it! Could you post it on here, though, so we could all see it? A few pages, at least?

gworeth

First Post
Sorry for the long delay!

I've run two sessions with the converted material, and I think it needs a lot more work, than mere "direct translation" into 3.5. The encounters are not balanced. Either they are complete walk overs or they tend towards TPK. So a lot more work needs to be put into it, and I'm not sure I'm up for it (RL issues :D ). I may scan a few pages at some point, but my personal opinion is that it is a waste of perfectly good time.

Untill next time!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Thanks for the update! More specifics would be useful--especially how you converted everything and how you think it should be adjusted. But maybe that's too much effort?

Ingegnere

First Post
I am also planning to use Dragon Mountain with my players (6 pc, 11th and 12th level). I would be grateful for ANY help with the conversion to 3rd edition (even the few page scans from gworeth would be useful, if he could send me :) ). I could also help in the conversion process, if there are other DMs currently doing that.
I am particularly interested in how the encounters can be balanced to reflect the changes from 2nd to 3rd edition.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Remove ads