Move Force questions.

Kemrain

First Post
Some more questions I had, after reading through all the replies.

Can I cast the spell on myself, to replace my effective Strength score when performing these combat maneuvers or picking things up without having to move them telekinetically?

Can I give myself a +5 from strength (replacing my normal +1) when grappling if I cast Move Force 4/Gen 0 on myself? Do I need to concentrate, and thus can't do anythign with it?

- Kemrain the Curious.

Kemrain said:
Some more questions I had, after reading through all the replies.

Can I cast the spell on myself, to replace my effective Strength score when performing these combat maneuvers or picking things up without having to move them telekinetically?

Can I give myself a +5 from strength (replacing my normal +1) when grappling if I cast Move Force 4/Gen 0 on myself? Do I need to concentrate, and thus can't do anythign with it?

- Kemrain the Curious.

You have it right on the second question: you could do that, and basically give the spell a range of touch, but you have to concentrate, which makes grappling impossible, unless you're hasted. And also being in a grapple makes it very hard to concentrate on a spell.

Kemrain

First Post
RangerWickett said:
You have it right on the second question: you could do that, and basically give the spell a range of touch, but you have to concentrate, which makes grappling impossible, unless you're hasted. And also being in a grapple makes it very hard to concentrate on a spell.
How come I need to concentrate? I don't have to for the other Move Lists, do I? I dont' want to give my Move Force spell a range of touch, as much as a range of personal. It can't work that way?

- Kemrain the Confused.

astriemer

First Post
Kemrain said:
How come I need to concentrate? I don't have to for the other Move Lists, do I? I dont' want to give my Move Force spell a range of touch, as much as a range of personal. It can't work that way?

- Kemrain the Confused.

Way back in one of the spell creation discussions, RW indicated that Move Force normally requires concentration (perhaps assumed from the similar requirement for the core TK spells), but he indicated that you could give the Move Force a "simple" automated command and let it go without concentration. The example was a shield that could move to defend the user to create a Shield spell effect.

Remove ads