What's with all the new folks?

Temprus

First Post
There are also many of us Long Time Lurkers that might have been more active in the pre-EN World days or such. If we had not changed servers/hosts so many times in the early days, I might have a decent post count still. ;) What I lack in post count, I make up for with member number! :p

Emiricol

I don't believe I've ever been intimidated by a post count. A high postcount either means they are on a community project (no problem there), play by post games (again, no problem there), or they talk alot (in which case they are Crothian, heh). So, it's either no problem or it's Crothian :)

I do, however, believe that post-count envy is a silly reason not to post. It suggests that post counts matter to that person. Most of the folks here just don't care and I've never seen post count brought up as more than a joke. Part of the culture here, if you will.

Kind regards,

-Emiricol

devilbat

First Post
I've always found that EnWorld members are some of the most well mannered board users on the Internet. I've been a lurker for the most part, with exception to the last month.

I can't say that I'm intimidated by an individuals post count. I'm sure many of those posts are "I agree", "me too" and the sort. If anything is intimidating, it's the shear brilliance of so many of the people on these boards.

The only elitist attitudes I have seen have been when novels are being discussed. I am amazed at how many people feel the need to bash others for their likes and dislikes. Salvatore and Greenwood may not be on my preferred reading list, but I'm not going to slam someone because they like Elminster and Drizz't.

Lady_Acoma

First Post
I lurked for awhile before posting, and it wasn't the post counts or ribbing and joking about post counts that bothered me, it was the sheer size of ENWorld that I had to spend my time lurking to get over. I actually liked and really appreciated the postcount discussions becaue they show a sort of family/friend feel for everyone here. Except the ooze, nobody wants to be consumed by family, he doesn't count....

IronWolf

blank
The boards have always seemed very friendly to me. We all started out at 0 post count at some point. Just jump in and start chatting, the high post count people don't bite. At least not yet.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
This thread is funny. Half the people who are posting to the boards these days I would consider new. Of course I've been here on and off since before the release of 3E.

Remove ads