rogue/wizard?

fl8m

First Post
i want to combine a rouge and a wizard although 10rogue/10wizard seems a little underpowered for a 20th lvl character. Are there any Prestige Classes that combine the 2 classes? Assasin is nice but has a very limited spell selection, i'm hoping for the full wizard spell list. If not is there one that combines cleric with rogue? that's the problem with 7000 prestige classes finding what you actually wants is difficult :)

Silveras

First Post
fl8m said:
i want to combine a rouge and a wizard although 10rogue/10wizard seems a little underpowered for a 20th lvl character. Are there any Prestige Classes that combine the 2 classes? Assasin is nice but has a very limited spell selection, i'm hoping for the full wizard spell list. If not is there one that combines cleric with rogue? that's the problem with 7000 prestige classes finding what you actually wants is difficult :)

Arcane Trickster. For 3.0, in Tome & Blood. For 3.5, in the DMG. Decent skill points, full spellcasting progression, full sneak attack progression, and some Rogue/Arcanist oriented special abilities.

IcyCool

First Post
fl8m said:

Umm, Arcane Trickster is probably what you are looking for. Sneak attack progression and caster progression. Rogue 3/Wizard 7/Arcane Trickster 10 puts you at 17th caster level (and 9th level spells), and +7d6 sneak attack dice.

And Shadowbane Stalker from Complete Adventurer(?) combines Rogue and Cleric.

Quez The Lame

First Post
You might want to take a look at the Daggerspell Mage in Complete Adventurer as well. The PrC is for Rog/Wiz who specialize in fighting with two daggers, offers 9/10 casterlevels, higher HP and more skillpoints.

Asmo

First Post
IcyCool said:
Umm, Arcane Trickster is probably what you are looking for. Sneak attack progression and caster progression. Rogue 3/Wizard 7/Arcane Trickster 10 puts you at 17th caster level (and 9th level spells), and +7d6 sneak attack dice.

You need at least 7 ranks in Decipher Script, Disable Device and Escape Artist, and that means that you have to be a 4 lvl rogue, minimum, right?
(I´m currently playing one, just want to check if I`m on the right track here )

Asmo

Jack Simth

First Post
Asmo said:
You need at least 7 ranks in Decipher Script, Disable Device and Escape Artist, and that means that you have to be a 4 lvl rogue, minimum, right?

Asmo
No. Suppose, instead of going Rogue 3/Wizard 5, you go Wizard 5/Rogue 3. With Wizard first, you get your spellcasting levels, and set the cap for class skills above that of a rogue 3 - at your first level of rogue (character level 6th) your max for a class skill is 9. With a high Int and the rogue's high base skill points, it is fairly easy to run a crash project on those skills at a mere 7 ranks each.

pbd

First Post
Asmo said:

Asmo

This was already answered, so I'll just try and clarify a little.

In order to have 7 ranks in a class skill (3 + level), you have to be 4th level. But any skill that was At ONE TIME a class skill has level + 3 max ranks (7 at 4th level). So if you have any levels of rogue prior to 4th, you can put up to 7 ranks total into those skills.

However, when you level up in wizard, where they are cross class, you still oly get 0.5 ranks per point.

Hope this helps.

pbd

Finley DaDum

First Post
You still want to take your first level as Rogue but go like this:

Rogue 1-Decipher Script 4, Disable Device 4, and Escape Artist 4
Wizard 1-Decipher Script 5, Knowledge Arcana 1 & 2
Wizard 2-Decipher Script 6, Knowledge Arcana 3
Wizard 3-Decipher Script 7, Knowledge Arcana 4
Rogue 2- Disable Device 5 & 6, Escape Artist 5
Rogue 3-Disable Devisce 7, Escape Artist 6 & 7
Wizard 4-whatever
Wizard 5-whatever

You complete all your requirements by CL 6 and you never commited more than 3 ranks at any level pas 1st.

And I love Arcane Tricksters, oh Ideally Disable Device should probably be even higher than 7 and of course you want to get Knowledge: Arcana to 5 ranks usually pretty quick for the +2 to Spellcraft.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Arcane Trickster was pointed out often enough now. It's core so you won't have any problems getting it (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/arcaneTrickster.htm).

Daggerspell Mage is another PrC for such a combination.

And then there's the Magelord from Lost Empires of Faerûn (Forgotten Realms book). Though it is mostly a wizard with some rogue abilities attached, you do need to be wizard/rogue to qualify (though you might get away with monk, which won't fit, though).

Remove ads