Darwin's World vs D20 Apocalypse?

Soel

First Post
I was wondering how these two stack up when compared to each other. I am looking into a post-apocalyptic setting with loads of radiation, zombies, mutants, and all sorts of jury-rigged gear and vehicles. In short, just like one of those 80's Road Warrior rip-off films.

Which of these two could benefit me the most? Any details about the two would be helpful...:)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Darwin's World is a setting, and D20 Post Apocalypse is a toolbox for making your own setting.

In short, they would likely go well together. :)

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
How much do you want to spend? How much work do you want left for you to do?

Darwin's World 2 is pretty self contained, meaning you can play with the main book alone. D20 Apocalypse will certainly require you to get D20 Modern, D20 Future.

*shrug* Both can do it just fine, but you might want to look at FFG's D20 book, Redline, which is exactly a minicampaign with the exact ingredients you listed. Mad Max plus mutants. It even has rad zombies among the monsters.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Eric Anondson said:
Darwin's World 2 is pretty self contained, meaning you can play with the main book alone. D20 Apocalypse will certainly require you to get D20 Modern, D20 Future.

Not true. Darwin's World 2 also requires you to have D20 Modern.

qstor

Adventurer
IMHO you can mix and match the two. I have the old DW 3.0 books and D20 Apocalypse and like Erica said one is a setting and the other a tool for developing a setting.

But as mentioned you'll need the main d20 Modern book for both.

Mike

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Cutter XXIII said:
They work fantastically together.

I incorporated all DW mutations and drawbacks into the d20 Future/Apoc table, and found that assigning an MP value to each was easy. I ended up dropping one or two DW drawbacks, but some of the mutations were so close to the d20 version as to be virtually identical (which is encouraging!).

I'd like to see what you worked up. I've thought about integrating DW mutations into d20 Apocalypse.
Regards,
Bill

Remove ads