Age of Worms: Daggerford and the Realms Conversions

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I was looking over the Age of Worms Overload tonight and perusing the appendix on converting to the Realms. My first campaign was set in Daggerford, so this naturally caught my eye.

That being said...

They killed my duke! And his sister and Lord Lewellyn. :eek:

I remember using the whole ducal family in my games. And now they're gone. Poisoned, no less. *sniff*

Here's my question for the Dungeon guys. I know that the module shouldn't affect continuity, but are their deaths part of Realms continuity?

It has been some time since I've read up on the Realms, but the conversion notes seem spot on. This story arc has me excited, especially affecting my old stomping grounds of Daggerford. Though I'm not a huge fan of how the ducal family kicked the bucket, I have to admit that it would offer huge story potential. Plus, I could potentially do this as a "next generation" sort of campaign, where we revisited the old town, and see how it degraded now that the heroes have moved on.

Of course, I'm having a hard enough time finding time to run my Dragonlance game. Maybe I can collect these and run it down the road.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
What Skeptic said. Offically and as far as I know, there's been no deaths of any nobles in Daggerford either in a WotC RPG sourcebook or novel.

Btw Trampas, if you need a few Players for your DL game, I'd give it a whirl. I've got this interest in playing a newly anointed minataur fighter/Knight of the Crown idear. Course it might help if I knew where you lived... :p :)

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Nightfall said:
What Skeptic said. Offically and as far as I know, there's been no deaths of any nobles in Daggerford either in a WotC RPG sourcebook or novel.

I'm glad it's not official, though it provides some interesting story possibilities.

Btw Trampas, if you need a few Players for your DL game, I'd give it a whirl. I've got this interest in playing a newly anointed minataur fighter/Knight of the Crown idear. Course it might help if I knew where you lived... :p :)

Kansas City area. I'm afraid it'd be a bit of a drive, though the BBQ here is worth it. ;)

It's funny that you mention that, though, as my own DL game is having some problems staying together. Too many schedule conflicts.

Now you can see why Age of Worms would be nice to have for me, but I doubt I'd ever run it. Maybe if I had more imaginary friends... ;)

Nightfall

*wonders why is it that everyone he wants to game with lives beyond the borders of West Virginia* Or at least feels like I'm banished to the hinterlands of gaming if nothing else. :p

But yes I can. Even so, I'd love to be in Age of Worms. The idea of fighting
Kyuss, a Demi-god
is quite appealing. :) Especially if I could do in some other world or at least with a different type of character than most people would expect.

Patman21967

First Post
Nightfall,
I am currently running it, if you wanna make the 6 hour drive to Delaware every Sunday. LOL...sorry mate, had to bust your chops.

Nightfall

Sokay. I just wish my Eberron game wouldn't stop like every two-three weeks while we're in the middle of Shadows of the Last War and then going on to Whispers of the Vampire's Blade and finally, Grasp of the Emerald Claw.

Course being a 1st level githzerai paladin...it's kind of not like I'm gaining THAT much XP...:p

Remove ads