[NEWS] A Game of Thrones RPG Update

A GAME OF THRONES RPG UPDATE - ALL EDITIONS

Please forgive me for not posting earlier, but I wanted to have the most correct information before making an any announcements.

Yes, good things really do come to those who wait ... but sometimes additional delays are unfortunately inevitable.

Both the Deluxe Limited (signed and unsigned) and the standard OGL editions of A Game of Thrones are printed and shipping! The books are truly gorgeous, and we believe they represent a pinnacle achievement in role-playing design and form. At nearly half a million words (deluxe edition), and 576 (deluxe) or 496 (standard) pages, they are indeed massive tomes.

In a previous update, I indicated that the 500 editions signed by George R. R. Martin would be further delayed because of GRRM's inability to sign the books while vacationing in the UK in the summer. That is still true, and there are no longer any delays regarding this. I also indicated that the remaining unsigned editions would be shipping earlier since they were finished and did not need to be signed. That, however, was only partly true.

After a careful examination during quality control, we came to the conclusion that there were some issues with the binding of the map in both the standard and deluxe versions of the book. Rather than risk shipping an inferior product -- or products shipping missing the pull-out map -- the maps were rebound into the book with a stronger adhesive. This took extra time, which delayed all deluxe editions ... even the unsigned ones. The end result is that all copies are shipping now, and may not be delivered as recently indicated. Please accept our apologies for lateness once again; I can assure you that we have cleared the final stage now.

The exact time for shipping is not yet firm due to the inexact duration of ocean freight and customs clearance from China. Here is what we do know, though, which applies to both the signed and unsigned deluxe editions.

DELUXE EDITION -- US/CANADA CUSTOMERS
The books are in large shipping crates on an ocean freighter. Your order is already individually boxed, addressed, and ready to go. Once the freight reaches California and clears customs, it will be individually couriered to you (probably UPS). Estimated arrival to your door is late October or early November. In stores about two weeks later.

DELUXE EDITION -- INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
To expedite the shipping process, your order will be shipping directly from Hong Kong next week. We will use a courier (probably UPS) to ensure the package arrives safely. Estimated arrival to your door is early or mid October, depending on where you live. In stores in early November.

STANDARD OGL EDITION -- ALL CUSTOMERS
Your orders will be processed from our US warehouse approximately one-two weeks after the product arrives in the US. Orders will then be shipped out to all destinations (domestic and international), with shipping time ranging from a few days to a few weeks (depending on location). In stores a few weeks later (domestic and international).

DLE GM SCREENS AND ADVENTURES
For all customers who pre-ordered the deluxe edition (signed and unsigned) directly from us, you will receive the free bonus GM Screen and adventure in a separate mailing. This separation is necessary given the strict packaging requirements for the deluxe edition. The screen and adventure should arrive around late October, but may be a little earlier or later.

Once again, thank you for your unparalleled understanding and support during this unfortunately lengthy process. We stand by the quality of our work and service, and assure you that we will take steps when working on future products to ensure that many of these problems do not reoccur.

If you have any questions or comments, please email them to me at mark@guardiansorder.com.

Remove ads