Free background music for games (revives)

genshou

First Post
Michikawa said:
For those of you who read my last thread regarding free background music I've composed, I just wanted to inform you that I managed to get out from Teosto, which means that all the music is officially free again. I rebuilt the mikseri.net pages and revived the projects. I haven't updated Essence project too much lately, mostly because Ultima IX Redemption -project has taken most of my composing time.

In the same breath I have to say that the musical material for Redemption passed the line of 120 minutes few weeks ago, so when the project is completed, rest assured that you'll be getting quite a bit of soundtrack material for free :)

And for those of you who haven't read this thread before - I have fiddled around in my home studio for a few years now, mainly making orchestral soundtrack -pieces and ambient atmospheres. I have myself used the material as a background music in my pen&paper -roleplaying sessions so I thought it would be nice to offer the music for everyone to use. All of the stuff is free, you can copy, modify, use and do whatever you like with it, even commercially without any need to pay me anything.

I'll update the projects as often I can, so feel free to check back every now and then.

Mikseri.net is finnish page, so some of the texts are probably not understandable, but I have written everything I can in english, so I hope the pages are browseable.

Essence is the main project which contains mostly orchestral soundtrack-pieces

Divinity is the ambient project, which contains mainly soundscapes and background atmospheres.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

-Michikawa
Michikawa, I could kiss you. More background music for my games is never a bad thing.

Michikawa

Explorer
Thanks for the potential kiss :) But nice to hear the material feels useful! There are still some of the older songs missing from the mikseri pages, I try to upload them now and more updates are coming due next few days, so feel free to check back!

derbacher

Explorer
Michikawa, I'm glad to see you back. It's great that you have control of your music, with a minimum of fuss. I've enjoyed using all the great tunes you have offered in the past, and I look forward to new offerings in the future.

Keep on composing!

Michikawa

Explorer
Thanks! I put up another one of the older projects called Frozen Silence. It contains improvised solo piano tracks:

Frozen Silence

I also missed few of the old songs on my first update on Essence, so there are few more songs there.

Edit: I also added the Frozen Silence link to the first message to avoid confusion

Last edited:

Michikawa

Explorer
Update:

Added songs Hope for rebirth, Anxious Thoughts, Winter and Procession. Procession is sad, marchlike song with quite heavy feeling to it. Describes the situation when a military company returns to home town after hard battles. Winter combines orchestral elements to folkish percussion rhythms and has quite mellow, but a bit melancholic feeling. Hope for rebirth is really powerful orchestral song with long theme build up. Anxious Thoughts is sort of alternative song which combines classical elements to drum loops. Sort of an interlude.

genshou

First Post
Michikawa said:
Update:

Added songs Hope for rebirth, Anxious Thoughts, Winter and Procession. Procession is sad, marchlike song with quite heavy feeling to it. Describes the situation when a military company returns to home town after hard battles. Winter combines orchestral elements to folkish percussion rhythms and has quite mellow, but a bit melancholic feeling. Hope for rebirth is really powerful orchestral song with long theme build up. Anxious Thoughts is sort of alternative song which combines classical elements to drum loops. Sort of an interlude.
Listened to Winter and have downloaded the rest. Nice job on Winter!

genshou

First Post
kanithardm said:
Is there a download all button somewhere?
No, but it took me all of 60 seconds to get them all downloading on the Essence page (mind you, I was waiting on the remote server to start each file download for most of that time).

Remove ads