Subdual Eldritch Blast?

Enamel_32

First Post
There is a feat that applies to spells in Complete Arcane, which allows you to replace the energy damage with subdual damage.

vulcan_idic

Explorer
As I read that I would have to pick fire and then use Brimstone Blast (for instance) in order to use it. Also, it can only be applied to spells, not SLAs. Also it makes it a spell level higher as part of it's cost... which is immaterial to an invocation.

I suppose one could use a "Sudden Non-Lethal Substitution" type thing which could apply 3/day as the other ones that could work... I'd really like to make it so that anytime I used it it could be Non-Lethal...

Perhaps it would be best to make it an invocation, very much like Hellrime or Brimstone Blast, but Nonlethal Blast. Could be nice for an Exalted Warlock.

Thia Halmades

First Post
So long as you aren't reinventing the wheel, just make the cost comparable and roll with it. It sounds like a great idea to me, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be allowed. It would probably count as a (lesser? - whatever step 2 is) Invocation. Non-Lethal Blast. Foom, done.

DreamChaser

Explorer
Or simply extend the -4 to attack rolls to deal nonlethal damage with a lethal attack to ranged touch attacks. The idea fits just as well with damaging ray as it does a crossbow or a bastard sword.

DC

vulcan_idic

Explorer
Thanks for the help on this, I'll run these options past my DM for the campaign this character will be for. I'm planning on making an Exalted LG Aventi Gifted-variant Warlock(maybe /Healer (a la Miniatures Handbook)). I'd like to give it the much discussed Vow of Poverty... and I was thinking about the vow of Peace... which is why I was thinking about how to make a Subdual-only Blast.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases