Not happy, reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceUser

Explorer
You know, normally I'm a pretty easy-going guy. I laugh a lot, I have good friends, and I don't take life too seriously. Last week there was a thread going on fast food, a public thread on a public board, which was generally light-hearted and speaking about people's preferences. I weighed in with some non-light-hearted comments, but in no way was I disrespectful, nor disruptive, nor rude. I shared some unpopular facts about fast food, stuff that I had read and that I wanted to share with other ENWorlders. Since the thread was about fast food, I posted in that thread; after all, it was that thread that got me thinking about it in the first place.

I got attacked. Not just attacked--I got mauled. By ENWorlders. People who are supposed to be--generally--friendly. Sure, my posts weren't light-hearted, but they certainly weren't mean-spirited. Yet that's how they were taken, and that's how I was treated--as a mean-spirited jerk who was pissing on everyone's fun.

I'm not a mean-spirited jerk. I'm not any of the things I was called in that thread, and I think that the way I was treated was harsh, undeserved, and way out of line. Normally I let stuff like this slide, but this one really sticks in my gullet. I think that I deserve an apology, especially from reveal, who went above and beyond in his efforts to curb-stomp me with words.

:\

Harmon

First Post
I took no part Force, but I know that it helps once in a while to hear a kind word.

I am sorry you feel so beaten up. We thank you for your attempts to educate us, and thank you for extending your wisdom. Sorry you feel that you were abused and mistreated by people you thought would hear you out and see what you were trying to extend. Please don't let this shy you away, your a good person. Again, my heart felt apologizes.

Captain Tagon

First Post
MrFilthyIke said:
Any link so we can see the post in question?

(I was going to abbreviate your handle to FU, but thought that might further offend you. :eek: )

:)

Man, you need to come to some Furman University games. It was even better when their mascot was the Christian Knights.

Last edited:

Kuld

Explorer
Captain Tagon said:
Man, you need to come to some Furman Universtiy games. It was even better when their mascot was the Christian Knights.

LOL, took me a while but I got it. :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
ForceUser said:
You know, the first time someone pointed out my initials, I had a "D'oh!" moment. I don't catch these things the first time around. :p

Oh, my! I never noticed that before. :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Force User, you seem upset, but calling people out in public isn't the way to deal with this. If you believe a moderator needs to step in, please report the post in question. Otherwise, I tink the best way for you to handle this is privately, either by email or PM.

I'll close this thread down. I hope you work things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads