Castlevania Critters...

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Clifford said:
well considering its a full round action to basicaly use a crappy ranged sort of cone of cold. It dosent seem to tough. AS far as feats i would say ability focus Wing blade And Fly by attack.

Right, but being able to kick out 10d6 damage every round at will without limit is very powerful. If you want to keep it at will with no limits per day, in addition to its 7x per day 10d6 lightning bolts and other powerful at-will spell-like abilities, you might want to consider boosting its CR by a high margin.

Medusa heads.

Yeah the petrafacation is temporary from a medusa head in the video game but seeing as how its a dnd conversion it makes more sense to make it perminent.

I'm with you on this one. I looked at the CR 3 Cockatrice in the Monster Manual, and it's about comparable.

Edit: I added in your feat selection. :)

Last edited:

Clifford

First Post
About the KARASUMAN

Yeah but as a full round action the 10 d 6 isnt all the great when you consider there are cr 15 fiends that get like fireball and cone of cold at will with caster levels putting at 10d6 and they dont even need to use a full round action either. Now true being supernatural they donot get spell resistance agains the feathers. Hmm how dose 7d6 Sound?

Cliff

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
If what you have for the KARASUMAN is comparable to other CR 15 Outsiders, then there is no need to change the CR. I should have compared it before assuming it was overpowered.

My bad. :)

Clifford

First Post
I know i said i would have some new stuff by last weekend but real life kicked my butt and stole my lolly pop. However i hih hammer out some stuff and here it is.

A couple new races for your castlevenia pleasure.

Asl always Comments criticisim and praise are all welcome.

These are just crunch section i will come up with more appropreate flava at a later time.

New Races

Shape Shifter

Racial Traits
Medium Size
30 base speed
Alternate form (Su): The Character may assume a hybrid form of one animal chosen at the time of character creation. In this form the characters Physical statistics (Str, Dex, Con) increase Depending on the Animals statistics. Take the animals base Physical statistics And subtract 10 (11 for an odd number) from them this total. This is the ability Increase granted by the template. The character also gains any natural attack forms (Claws, Horns ect) as well as non fantastical Extraordinary abilities such as sent or skill increases while in hybrid form. The characters size also becomes that of the base animal type. The character may assume this form 1 time per day +1 time per day per level. Changing back requires a use of the power.
Favored Class: Fighter, Shapeshifter fighters do not count their fighter class for experience penalties.
Level Adjustment: Cr of base animal +2

Dhampir

Racial Traits
+2 Str, Dex, Con, Cha
Medium Sized
+1 natural bonus to AC.
Base Speed 30 ft
Water Vaunerability (Ex): Each round a Dhampir is submerged (50% of body or more.) in running water such as a river the Dhampir takes 1d6 points of damage.
Skills: Dhampirs have +2 to Spot, search and listen checks.
Favored Class: Sorcerer. A Dhampirs sorcerer class dose not count when determining Xp penalties due to multiclassing.
Level Adjustment: +3

Dhampir Feats

Rat Form
The Character may assume the form of a rat.
Requirements: Dhampir
Benefit: The character may assume the form of a Rat in the manor similar to a polymorph spell At will.

Dire rat form
The character assume the form of a Dire rat.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 3, Rat Form
Benefit: The character May Assume the Form a Dire Rat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Wolf Form
The character may assume the form of feral wolf.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 3
Benefit: The character may assume the form of a wolf in the manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Dire Wolf form
The character assume the form of a Dire Wolf.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 7, Wolf Form
Benefit: The character May Assume the Form a Bat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Bat form
The character assume the form of a bat.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 2
Benefit: The character May Assume the Form a Bat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Fire bat
The characters bat form may breath flames
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 8, Bat form
Benefit: 3/day while in bat for the character may make a ranged touch attack to deliver 1d6 per 3 levels points of fire damage. (Max 5d6)

Dire Bat form
The character assume the form of a Dire bat.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 9, Bat form.
Benefit: The character May Assume the Form a Dire Bat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Mist Form
The character May assume gassious form.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 10
Benefit: The character may assume gassious form as per a vampire.

Acid Mist Form
The character mist form becomes poisonous.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 14, Mist Form
Benefit: The characters mist form delivers acid Damage to whomever is within its area Similar to an acid fog spell..

Super Human

First Post
Hi. Mind if I add my own version of the Dhampir? Here it is:

Dhampir

+2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -4 Wis, +2 Cha. Dhampir always inherit the incredible strength, speed, and stamina of their fathers and are quite pleasing to look at. They are however creatures of the night and as such they possess a lesser ability to control their urges than others.
Medium Sized: A Dhampir is always medium sized and thus has no bonuses or penalties to it's attacks, defense, or skills due to it's size.
Base Speed 30 ft: A Dhampir has a base speed of 30 ft.
Fast Healing 3 (Ex): A Dhampir heals 3 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point.
Cold Resistance 5 and Electricity Resistance 5: Dhampir are highly resistant to cold and electricity attacks.
Water Vaunerability (Ex): Each round a Dhampir is submerged (50% of body or more.) in running water such as a river the Dhampir takes 3d6 points of damage.
Favored Class: Sorcerer. A Dhampirs sorcerer class dose not count when determining XP penalties due to multiclassing.
Level Adjustment: +4

Dhampir Feats:

Rat Form
The Character may assume the form of a rat.
Requirements: Dhampir
Benefit: The character may assume the form of a Rat in the manor similar to a polymorph spell At will.

Dire Rat Form
The character assume the form of a Dire Rat.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 3, Rat Form
Benefit: The character may assume the Form a Dire Rat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Wolf Form
The character may assume the form of feral wolf.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 4
Benefit: The character may assume the form of a wolf in the manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Dire Wolf Form
The character assume the form of a Dire Wolf.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 7, Wolf Form
Benefit: The character may assume the Form a Bat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Bat Form
The character can assume the form of a bat.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 2
Benefit: The character may assume the Form a Bat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Dire Bat Form
The character can assume the form of a Dire bat.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 9, Bat Form.
Benefit: The character may assume the Form a Dire Bat in a manor similar to a polymorph spell At will

Fire Bat
The character's Bat Form may breath flames
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 8, Bat Form
Benefit: 3/day while in bat form the character may make a ranged touch attack to deliver 1d6 per 3 levels points of fire damage. (Max 5d6)

Mist Form
The character may assume gaseous form.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 10
Benefit: The character may assume gaseous form as per a vampire.

Acid Mist Form
The character mist form becomes poisonous.
Requirements: Dhampir, Level 14, Mist Form
Benefit: The characters mist form delivers 1d6 acid damage to whomever is within its area.

Here's some more Castlevania stuff I thought I'd add too:

Vampiric Hunter
The character's family has a long history of hunting and slaying Vampires.
Requirements: May only be taken at Lv. 1. Must have the ability to Turn Undead.
Benefit: The character receives a +4 bonus to save vs. a vampire's blood drain, dominate, and energy drain attacks. Furthermore, all attacks the character inflicts on a vampire bypass a vampire's damage reduction.

Vampiric Bloodline
The character's family has had relations and even intercourse with Dhampir and the character has released some of that potency.
Requirements: Must have Base Fort, Ref, and Will Saves of +1 or higher, Vampire Hunter
Benefit: The character receives a +1 bonus to Strength and Constitution.

Improved Vampiric Bloodline
The character's family has had relations and even intercourse with Dhampir and the character has nearly realized his total potential.
Requirements: Must have Base Fort, Ref, and Will Saves of +3 or higher, Vampiric Bloodline
Benefit: The character receives a +1 bonus to Dexteirty and Charisma.

Greater Vampiric Bloodline
The character's family has had relations and even intercourse with Dhampir and the character has fully realized his true potential.
Requirements: Must have Base Fort, Ref, and Will Saves of +6 or higher, Vampiric Bloodline, Improved Vampiric Bloodline
Benefit: The character gains Cold and Electricity Resistance 3 and Fast Healing 1.

Last edited:

Clifford

First Post
het a little flava test is always good. Your conversion looks pretty true to the material though a bit powerful for my taste. I like the vampire bloodlines those are appropriate.

Cliff

Super Human

First Post
Clifford said:
I like the vampire bloodlines those are appropriate.

Cliff

Thankies! ^_^

I'm actually kinda suprised you didn't find the Vampiric Bloodline feats to be overpowered though as well. Two bonuses to attributes IS pretty huge for a feat, but I tried to make the prerequisities tough to get ya know. ^_~

As for the background of the Vampiric Bloodline feats, ya, they definately fit into da Castlevania story. Believe it or not, Sonia Belmont STILL EXISTED! Sonia Belmont's video game is set on the date 1482! Leon Belmont's game was set in the late 11th Century (which at max only goes up to 1199)! This means that Sonia Belmont still probably is a Belmont and she DID STILL in fact have a child with Alucard (aka introduce vampiric blood into da Belmont bloodline). Pretty cool huh? Here's my take on a couple of Castlevania characters:

(NOTE: THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS)

Richter Belmont, Vampire Hunter

Richter Belmont: Male Human Fighter 8/Paladin 11/Hunter of the Dead 8; CR 27; Medium humanoid (human); HD 8d10+ plus 11d10+ plus 8d8+ hp ; Init +3; Spd 30 ft.; AC (touch , flat-footed ); Base Atk +; Grp +; Atk + melee (3d4+9 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 holy /18-20, +5 flaming holy chain whip [vampire killer]) or + melee (1d4+6 plus 2d6 holy /17-20, +4 keen holy dagger) + ranged; Full Atk +/+/+/+ melee (3d4+9 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 holy /18-20, +5 flaming holy chain whip [vampire killer]) or +/+/+/+ melee (1d4+6 plus 2d6 holy /17-20, +4 keen holy dagger) +/+/+/+ ranged; SA turn undead (/day); SQ ; AL LG; SV Fort +, Ref +, Will +; Str 14, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 19.

Skills & Feats: Balance +, Climb +, Concentration +, Diplomacy +, Jump +, Handle Animal +, Heal +, Knowledge (local - Transylvania) +, Knowledge (religion) +, Knowledge (undead) +, Listen +, Ride +, Sense Motive +, Spellcraft +, Spot +, Swim +; Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (chain whip), Great Cleave, Improved Critical (chain whip), Improved Initiative, Improved Vampiric Bloodline, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack, Vampire Hunter, Vampiric Bloodline, Weapon Focus (chain whip), Weapon Specialization (chain whip), Whirlwind Attack.

Paladin Spells Prepared: (); base DC = 14 + spell level): 1st -- ; 2nd -- ; 3rd -- holy storm.

Hunter of the Dead Spells Prepared: (3/3/3/2); base DC = 14 + spell level): 1st -- ; 2nd -- ; 3rd -- ;

Possessions: +5 flaming bane (undead) holy chain whip [vampire killer], +4 keen holy dagger, +3 ring of protection, +4 hide armor, +2 amulet of natural armorr.

Alucard, Adrian Farenheights Tepes

Alucard: Male Dhampir Fighter 12/Sorcerer 16; CR 28; Medium humanoid (Dhampir); HD 10d10+ plus 18d4+; Init +; Spd 30 ft.; AC (touch , flat-footed ); Base Atk +; Grp +; Atk + melee (d+ plus 1d6 fire plus 1d6 cold plus 2d6 holy/17-20, +5 keen flaming frost holy bastard sword) or + ranged; Full Atk +/+/+/+ melee (d+ plus 1d6 fire plus 1d6 cold plus 2d6 holy/17-20, +5 keen flaming frost holy bastard sword) or +/+ ranged; SA ; SQ ; AL LG; SV Fort +, Ref +, Will +; Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 18.

Skills & Feats: Balance +, Climb +, Concentration +, Diplomacy +, Jump +, Handle Animal +, Heal +, Knowledge (local - Transylvania) +, Knowledge (religion) +, Knowledge (undead) +, Listen +, Ride +, Sense Motive +, Spellcraft +, Spot +, Swim +;

Sorcerer Spells Prepared: (); base DC = 14 + spell level): 1st -- .

Possessions: +5 keen flaming frost holy bastard sword

I'll try and finish these within da coming week! ^^

Last edited:

Clifford

First Post
good conversion so far. but i think they might be a little high leveled (Well maybe not alucard the dude is almost as hold as the belmont clan its self) I was planning on making a vampire killer P-class ripe with Item crashes and holy powers. Maybe it will inspire you once it is finished.

Cliff

Remove ads