Stat-less but not dice-less game?

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I'm looking for a game that's stat-less. I want it to run a "you're you, but you got sucked into a fantasy world" type game, and I don't want the pain of deciding what people's stats are, and I want it to be a surprise, so I can't just have them make themselves as characters in whatever system.

Any ideas? Any published/online game like this? Or should I just play it by ear (which I think I'm up to)?

Frostmarrow

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
I'm looking for a game that's stat-less. I want it to run a "you're you, but you got sucked into a fantasy world" type game, and I don't want the pain of deciding what people's stats are, and I want it to be a surprise, so I can't just have them make themselves as characters in whatever system.

Any ideas? Any published/online game like this? Or should I just play it by ear (which I think I'm up to)?

I would imagine deciding what people's skills are would be equally painful. However, in your situation I would take the rule-set from a miniatures game to handle combat and then role-play the rest. The good thing about wargames is all your players fits the human mould and have the standard stats of a human. In Warhammer for instance that would be
WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:3 A:1 W:1 I:3 Ld:7.

ZombieButch

First Post
You might look at a game like Risus, Wushu, or Fudge, where you can give characters traits like Average Guy or Slightly Overweight But Devilishly Handsome Gamer; the characters have traits, but they don't need to have stats like Strength, Agility, etc. Saves you from having to make everyone lift weights to see what their Strength score is, for instance.

Remove ads