thunder-snow-storm

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I wasn't completely sure at first driving along because the flashes could have been plow lights and ther are a lot of vehicals that make big rumbly sounds, but we are indeed having a thunder and lightning laced snowstorm here. Wacky, I don't see a lot of those.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I've only "seen" one of those. It was at night, we had a thunderstorm. Woke up the next morning and went "huh?" as I saw snow on the ground. I thought that was weird as I'd not seen one before.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Not impossible, but you have to have a pretty unusual confluence of pressures and clouds, IIRC. Never seen one, myself.

Del

First Post
movie-DayAfterTomorrow.jpg

Algolei

Explorer
I was out walking in a lightning snowstorm once. Didn't realize what it was at first, just noticed the streetlights seemed to be "flashing" and then going out. Then I came to the city limits, where there were no street lights; that's when I realized it was lightning!

I'm still a little freaked out about why the street lights were going out, though. If the lightning flashes were resetting them...well, why doesn't that happen during normal lightning storms? Why would the presence of snow affect that at all?

Not only that, but only the street lights near me were going out. I could see all along the streets in both directions for at least half a mile, and the street lights were still on everywhere but where I was standing.

Very surreal. Like a higher power was trying to scare me. :p

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Kahuna Burger said:
I wasn't completely sure at first driving along because the flashes could have been plow lights and ther are a lot of vehicals that make big rumbly sounds, but we are indeed having a thunder and lightning laced snowstorm here. Wacky, I don't see a lot of those.
When I was last in New York, on Holiday vaction, I witnessed such a freak(y) storm. I wish I would have had a camcorder on me at the time, as I am a fan of weird weather happenings.

Remove ads