Questions about the Confrontation miniature line

Green Knight

First Post
I started looking through it and I've seen some BEAUTIFUL miniatures. I'm thinking of getting some for a character I'll be playing in a D&D Dragonlance game. Got a couple of questions, though.

1) Do they sell these miniatures in the U.S.? Can I call my local game store and have them order them for me? From what I hear, they're a european company, but so is GW, so offhand it doesn't seem like it'd be a problem for my local game store to get them.

2) They're 28 mm. I'm not much on miniature measurements, so is this mini line proportional to D&D miniatures? I don't want to get some Confrontation miniatures only to find out that they're bigger or smaller than standard D&D miniatures.

Thanks for the help.

BTW: Here're a couple of the minis I'm thinking of getting. Can't decide which to get, as they all look sweet.

grel03.jpg

grel0201.jpg

grel0103.jpg

grel0102.jpg

Corwyn

First Post
Hello green knight.

Well I am European so I wouldn't know how hard it is to get them in the US but I heard that it wasn't easy although that was some time ago.

And on point two, they are a little bit bigger but that shouldn't matter (normal GW and reaper mini's are 25 mm if I'm not mistaken.)

Hope this helps

Painfully

First Post
Okay. I did my homework on this a few months ago.

DO NOT buy from New Wave, they are the official distributor for Confrontation minis in the US. But who cares if they can't get the minis to your front door!

I use http://www.fantization.com and although their inventory is limited at times, they use a real-time ordering system straight off their website, so if they are down to the last mini, you can still order it and feel pretty good about getting it.

As for scale, you should know that the humans are about the right size compared to most of Reaper's minis. Some will be a bit bigger than Reaper's. The Wolven minis are larger especially, and their minotaur figs are large as well.

Green Knight

First Post
Don't worry. I've heard MORE than enough about New Wave not to order from them, although their online catalog is great.

And thanks for the link to that online site. I'll check it out. Though I'm hoping to just order from my local game store. So I take it, then, that Confrontation isn't carried in the US? :(

Nice to know the minis are proportional, if not slightly larger. Eh, I'll just say my character's 6'4" or something like that. ;)

Must say those minis do look pretty nice. The only thing I see wrong with them is the swords look like they are approaching Anime swords in oversize.

Oracular Vision

First Post
Re: Confrontation is GOOD!

Krail Stromquism said:
Yes, confrontation is a great and gorgeous line of minis!

besides fantization theres another place

http://www.brookhursthobbies.com

they carry them as well. The average hobby shop doesnt, but it doesnt hurt to check to see if they can order them for you.

I don't see Confrontation anywhere on this web site, not the alphabetical product line listing, or on the miniatures section. Are you sure they carry them?

Jovah

First Post
My FLGS started to carry them about 2 months ago. They have a good 3x5 rack worth.

Napoleons
Milwaukee, WI
414-962-6730

I think they do mail order also. Not sure.

BTW, GW and Reaper are both 28 mm.

roytheodd

First Post
They're extremely hard to find in retail stores in the US because the company that manufactures the minis doesn't offer a reasonable discount to most US distributors.

War Golem

First Post
Hey Green Knight,

Last time I was in Alternate Dimensions they had some Confrontation minis on their wall (on the left wall, most of the way towards the back). It was mostly dwarves, though. They might be able to special order you the specific figures you want?

I'll also recommend Fantization as a great web site to order from; I picked up about a $100 worth of Confrontation minis from them when they had them on sale a couple months ago. (Notice I said worth; I paid under $70. That was a nice sale. I love Wolfen... :)

Cheers,

-War Golem

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases