Browser Question (history dumping)

BryonD

Hero
So, would anyone have any idea why my browser periodically just completely drops its history?

I'm using Firefox 1.0.7. Every now and then, (today for one) it will suddenly lose the drop down list of recent web sites. I've got my history set at 4 days and I haven't cleared it. This seems to happen at irregular intervals. It has happened like three times this month, which is a lot more than normal.

When the list goes, it is completely gone. For example if I type in www.en it doesn't jump ahead and offer ENworld. It appears to have no clue that I have ever been here before.

It used to happen from time to time with Explorer as well. So I'm thinking some other application is dumping it.

Norton says I'm clean and I haven't seen any significant issues. So I really don't think it is any kind of malware thing. I think it is just a bug in the works somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Linkless in Atlanta ;)

Zulithe

Explorer
This is a bug in Firefox 1.0.x. You should upgrade to the new Firefox 1.5 that came out this month. I'm pretty sure it is fixed becuase it hasn't happened to me in a veyr long time (I've been using the 1.5 "test" or "nightly" versions for months now, and now use the final 1.5 and it hasn't happened yet)

I can't explain the IE one. But I doubt they are related.

www.mozilla.com

BryonD

Hero
Cool, Thanks!

I did not know there was a 1.5. I always just checked for updates and it said there was none.

So I learned two things!

Thanks again

Zulithe

Explorer
BryonD said:
Cool, Thanks!

I did not know there was a 1.5. I always just checked for updates and it said there was none.

So I learned two things!

Thanks again
Ahh I see! :p The update system in 1.0.x was fairly primative but still I thought it would at least inform you that 1.5 was out. Strange...

You'll be happier with 1.5. For starters, the update system is vastly improved and should help keep your extensions/themes more up-to-date as well as Firefox itself.

Remove ads