CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
I've been writing up description of various Striker Packs and their roles in Coreline here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MV4UtnfOdO-I4QXzkkXD6wG3UNCbBlM1IfK-lrAYWoI/edit?usp=drivesdk

A couple of notes on Striker Packs. The Strike, at least, can mount three Striker Packs at the same time. So it might be necessary to note which and how many hardpoints the Striker Pack uses. Also, each Striker Pack has an auxiliary battery, extending the operation time of the mobile suit.

Mobile Suit Gundam (the original) and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn are both part of the Universal Century timeline.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Think there's an issue with EnWorld... I just got a posting notice for something you guys posted about a week ago.

Yeah, it usually doesn't tell me I've got notifications for at least several days, and even then has missed a few. That's why I check here at least once a day. And I need to upload more of the stuff I've posted here to the deviant art group.
[MENTION=53996]Lord Zack[/MENTION]: I don't think the wikia mentions the fact that they come with auxiliary batteries, but that is good to know.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I have been looking into the Diaclone toyline's story, to see if there was anything we could incorporate into Coreline. I have found a webpage I will link to. I am still reading it now, but I figured I'd go ahead and share it now. The Diaclone designs could be used in Coreline apart from the original context as well. For instance, a police car Car Robot could be used by police forces. It'd also be possible to use these mecha to create new Transformers by various methods, such as spark implantation or the use of sacred implements.

http://www.transformerland.com/blog/diaclone-toy-catalog-scans-translation-1980-in-the-beginning/

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Some Starcraft Universe Weapons

BOSUN FN92

The FN92 is a .50 caliber sniper rifle available to Confederate snipers during the Guild Wars, but under the Terran Dominion, only ghosts have access to the weapon. Although not as powerful as the C-10 or C-20 currently used by ghosts, its lighter weight, smaller ammunition is excellent for when weight is an issue, and is an excellent weapon for those without strength enhancements. The long barrel gives it greater range over the C-10 and C-20, however it has a small magazine, allowing it to be easier positioned for sniper work. The weapon comes with a computer and sensors that links to the user's helmet HUD that measures wind, elevation and other factors and gives recommendations via the HUD, with built-in range finder, telescopic sight, skeletal stock.
An enlarged trigger guard allows the weapon to be used by armoured wearers. Although the FN92 doesn't come with a bipod, it is designed to easily attach one.

BOSUN FN92 (PL5 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d12, varies
Critical: 20
Damage Type: Ballistic
Range Increment: 175 ft
Rate of Fire: Single
Size: Large
Weight: 15 lbs
Ammo: 4 box
Purchase DC: 18 Mil (+3)
Notes: Integrated electrothermo scope, range finder

C-141 AC Rifle

The C-141 is the United Earth Directorate version of the C-14 rifle, making it very similar, but has a more cylindrical structure and slightly improved range. The C-141 also has a secondary fire mode, firing a single high powered shot, but with greater recoil, giving the user the option of a greater damage at the expense of accuracy and slower rate of fire. This secondary mode was designed to give the user a feature similar to an under barrel grenade launcher, but without the added weight or alternate ammunition, making logistics and maintence much lower.

C-141 Gauss Rifle (PL6-7 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Progress Level: 7
Damage: 3d12+2
Range Increment: 110 ft.
Rate of Fire: S, A
Magazine: 500 
Weight: 18 lbs.
Purchase DC: 28
Restriction: Res (+2) in Koprulu Sector
Notes: Secondary Fire mode, retractable bayonet (1d4 piercing/slashing 19-20x2), tactical flight, digital ammo counter.
Secondary Fire Mode - As a free action, the user can switch to the secondary fire mode, firing a powerful shot. This mode deals 5d12+5 ballistic damage, range incr only 100 ft, rate of fire switches to single and the user suffers -2 to attack rolls due to the recoil, uses a single round of ammunition.

Hellfire Shotgun

A close-ranged terran weapon designed for maximum infantry disruption using magnum style 12 gauge rounds (3 1/2 inch), with a secondary mode that detonates miniature explosives internally, channeling the blast through its reinforced muzzle to create a devastating arc of fire.

Hellfire Shotgun (PL6 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d8+1
Range Increment: 35 ft
Rate of Fire: Semi
Weight: 12.5 lbs
Ammo: 10 box
Purchase DC: 19 Mil (+3)
Notes: Integrated tactical light, secondary fire mode.
Secondary Fire Mode - The Hellfire has a secondary fire mode that focuses the explosion from more than one round to create a deadly arc of fire. Switching to secondary fire mode is a swift action once per round, single rate of fire, dealing 3d8 damage to a 30 foot long cone, Reflex save 15 for half damage, uses three rounds of ammunition, can not be used with less than 3 rounds left.

C-14 Impaler Gauss Rifle Variants

Variant 1
This version of the C-14 is a common variant of the C-14, and is identical except it is fitted with mountings to allow the installation of a retractable bayonet, laser sights or an underbarrel grenade launcher, and mountings for a variety of scopes.
Uses same stats as C-14 except can mount a scope, laser sight and retractable bayonet (1d4 slashing/piercing 19-20x2) OR an underbarrel grenade launcher (typically 40mm or similar grenades with 2 to 5 round internal magazine). PDC +1

Variant 2
This variant was produced during the Second Great War with the Zerg, and while bulky, it was far more streamlined and CMC armour was not required to use it. The rifle featured two grips, a smaller one used by unarmed shooters, requiring the use of both hands to use. The other, larger grip is used by those in CMC armour. This version can be fitted with an underbarrel grenade launcher and laser designator.
Uses stats of the C-14 but can be used by people not wearing CMC armour, can have an underbarrel grenade launcher and laser designator attached. PDC +2.

Variant Ammunition
A number of variant ammunition has been developed for the C-14 and other weapons that use the same 8mm spikes, such as the C-7 gauss pistol.
Armour Piercing - Special ammunition designed for armour penetration. RAW rules grants +2 to attack against targets wearing armour, or have Natural armour at least +2. Alternate rules reduce damage by -2, ignore 5 points hardness/DR. PDC +3 Res Mil (+3).
Depleted Uranium - Used as an alternate armour piercing around, deals slightly more damage and improved range over normal rounds. Deals 3d12+3 damage, ignoring 8 points of hardness/DR, increase range by 25%. PDC +6, Res Mil (+4).
Hollow Point Spread - These rounds are used against soft targets, designed to flatten and expand on impact for maximum wounding efficiency. Against targets with no armour, or maximum Natural armour bonus of +1 deals 4d12 ballistic damage. However against targets wearing armour or Natural armour of +2 or higher only deals 2d12-2 ballistic damage. PDC +2 Res Mil (+3).
Incendiary - Incendiary rounds are similar to older White Phosphorous (WP) rounds, designed to inflict burns or set objects on fire. Instead of using White Phosphorous, a napalm like substance is used instead. Round deal an additional 2d4 fire damage for 2 rounds and risks catching on fire (see Catching on Fire in Chapter 7 D20 Modern). PDC +5, Res Mil (+4).

Auto-Turret
The auto-turret is a simple robot gun emplacement using a 12mm gauss rifle that can be easily deployed for quick defense, or even as a harassing unit. Raven ships can deploy the auto-turret, although they can be deployed from cargo vessels and other vehicles. The turret is equipped with fairly basic sensors for detecting ground and air targets, includes an IFF system that can be easily programmed so the turret will not fire on friendly units. A round base, with four anchoring legs support the weapon's turret and servos, with a pair of shields on either side of the weapon help protect the weapon's sensors and inner workings. The Auto-Turret is usually programmed to attack ground targets within 500 feet, or aerial targets within 1000 feet.
Size: Large (10 ft wide x 10 ft long, 8 ft high, weight 2 tons)
Hit Points: 25 hit points
Hardness: 15
Defense: 14 (10 -1 size +5 equipment)
Attack: +5 Ranged 12mm Gauss Cannon (5d12, 20, 150 ft, A, 2000 rd box ((PDC 16 box of 20)))
Sensors: Grants +4 to Listen, Spot and Search check, 500 ft night vision, motion detection. Sensors can detect vehicles out to 2 miles, or living creates up to medium size out to 1 mile.
Accessories: Video/Audio recorder, motion detectors 500 ft, night vision, military radio (report to control unit when engaged targets, low on ammunition, suffered damage or low on power, 100 mile
range), battery supply (able to remain operating for 7 days).
PDC: 30 Mil (+3).

Options
Hi-Sec Auto Tracking - This system increases the tracking and effective combat range of the Auto-Turret. Increases sensor range by 25%, granting +1 to Listen, Spot and Search checks. PDC 15.
Additional Armour - Increases the armour and reinforces the structure of the Auto-Turret. Grants +5 HP, +2 Hardness.
Explosive Shrapnel Shells - Increases damage by 1 die, plus deals half damage to a 5 foot radius, Reflex save DC 15. PDC +3

kronos182

Adventurer
Terra Ghost armour from Starcraft.

Hostile Environment Suit
The hostile environment suit, or skinsuit or stealth suit, is the standard issue combat gear for terran ghosts of the Terran Confederacy and Dominion, and similar groups. A light armour made of polymer light-refracting nano-fibers covering the body with a helmet or headpiece, with gloves and boots, fitted with advanced technology to enhance to utilize the ghost's psionic abilities. Based on survival suits (d20 Future pg 69), however with reduced stores to make room for the advanced systems which include a form of psi-sensitive artificial muscle fibers that allows a psychic user to channel their psionic energy to augment their strength, speed and endurance, reducing the need for bulky power armour. The suit also includes a time setting built into the computer to allow the wearer to check time in a number of systems programmed into it.
With the helmet the suit has full environmental and NBC shielding, however with just the head piece, the user is not as protected. Both the helmet and headpiece have vision enhancements and HUD links to carried weapons and the suit's systems. One of the well known systems of the suit is the cloaking ability, although early suits lacked this ability, plus passive stealth systems for when the user is unable to cloak. While not cloaked, when the user uses their psionic powers, a number of lines along the arms, legs and torso light up with a neon blue light.

Hostile Environment Suit Mk1 & 2 (PL6-7)
Type: Light Tactical, Stealth
Equipment Bonus: +4
Nonprof. Bonus: +2
Str Bonus: 8
Nonprof Str Bonus: +0
Max Dex: +8
Armour Penalty: -2
Speed (30 ft): 30 ft
Weight: 15 lbs
Purchase DC: 37, 38 Mk2
Restriction: Mil (+4)
Notes: NBC shielding (+4 Fort Saves), HUD (smart link to weapon ammo counter, life support, suit integrity, power supply, sensors and navigation, communications suite, IFF, targeting system +1 attack), night vision (90 ft), GPS, video & audio communication (radio, video transmissions), 4 day air supply (only works with helmet), survival suit systems (functions exactly like survival suit except provides food/water for only 3 days), aural directional enhancers (+2 Listen checks helmet only), gravity generation (ignores zero g conditions if there is a surface to walk on within 20 ft of the suit), mufflers (reduce armour penalty for Move Silently by -2, heat sensors suffer -2 to detect wearer), polarized visor (+2 saves vs light based attacks such as flash bangs), motion detector (100 ft), Geiger counter, mounts on belt, legs and back for clipping weapons and equipment, psionic augmentation, cloaking (mk2 or higher), stealth design, psionic enhancement.
Psionic Augmentation: The suit is designed to use the psionic energies of the wearer to enhance their physical abilities or even their psionic abilities.
Strength - For every 2 power points pumped into the armour the wearer can increase their strength by +1 for 5 minutes. Pumping additional power points will increase the bonus to Strength to a maximum of +5, and maximum of 30 minutes.
Reflexes - For every 2 power points pumped into the armour the wearer can increase their Dexterity by +1 for 5 minutes. Pumping additional power points will increase the bonus to Dexterity to a maximum of +5, and a maximum of 30 minutes.
Endurance - For every 2 power points pumped into the armour the wearer can increase their Constitution by +1 for 5 minutes. Pumping additional power points will increase the bonus to a maximum of +5, for a maximum of 30 minutes.
Speed - For every 2 power points pumped into the armour the wearer can increase their speed by 5 feet for 5 minutes. Pumping additional power points will increase the speed bonus to a maximum of +20 ft for a maximum of 30 minutes.
Cloak - Available on Mk2 versions only, the user can pump 5 power points into the armour and render themselves invisible, granting +40 to Hide checks while immobile, +20 while moving, for 1 minute. Each additional 5 power points will extend the duration by 1 minute.
Stealth Design: The suit is designed with passive systems, which include mufflers (-2 to Armour check penalty to Move Silently checks and heat sensors to Spot/Search the user), dark and light refracting and absorbing materials grant +3 to Hide checks in dark conditions.
Psionic Enhancement: The psionic sensitive materials imbedded in the suit help to enhance the user's psionic powers, even if a little. The range of all the user's psionic powers is increased by 10%, or a minimum of 5 feat, duration increased by 1 round. When the user is not using any psionic powers for more than 4 hours, regains 1 power point for every hour. When resting while wearing the armour, the wearer regains 10% more power points.

Variant Models
A few variant models of the Hostile Environment Suit exist, while possessing the base systems, these variants fill different roles or have different equipment.

Apollo Suit
This version is fitted with an Apollo reactor, which allows prolonged stealth and intense psionic assault. The reactor provides power for the cloaking, but also psionic energy that the wearer could use to power some of their own psionic powers. The chest and especially the back are reinforced and better armoured, to protect and hold the Apollo reactor, with additional lines that light up from the reactor on the back.
Make the following changes to Hostile Environment Suit Mk2 to make an Apollo Suit:
Increase Equipment Bonus to +5;
Increase armour check penalty to -3;
Increase weight to 18 lbs;
Increase speed by 5 ft;
Add Apollo Reactor;
Increase PDC to 40.
Apollo Reactor: The Apollo reactor is based on those used by Wraith fighters. The reactor continually provides power to the suit for a slight boost in speed (+5 ft continually while worn), allows the user to cloak for 5 minutes without using any psionic energy, before requiring 10 minutes to recharge. During this recharge time the user can use the built in psionic energy reserve or their own power points to cloak like normal for a Hostile Environment Suit. The reactor also has a reserve of 50 power points, which generate at a rate of 1d4 every 3 hours three is no draw from the reserve or the cloak being active.

Phase Reactor Suit
This suit is fitted with an experimental jump technology to approximate the protoss stalker's teleportation capabilities. After teleporting, the cloak engages for a short period. The on board power systems also provide power to the artificial muscles to increase the user's speed slightly.
Make the following changes to Hostile Environment Suit mk2 to make a Phase Reactor Suit:
Increase weight to 20 lbs;
Increase speed by 5 ft;
Add Blink ability;
Increase PDC to 40.
Blink: The suit is fitted with a teleportation device, allowing the user to teleport up to 500 feet within visual range. Teleporting is a standard action, but requires a move action to designate the location, done via using the suit's sensors, laser designator and computer system, requiring a Computer check DC 18. Conditions that obstruct vision, fog, smoke or darkness increase DC by +2, while distractions like combat increase the DC +4. If there are a lot of moving targets within the target area to teleport to increase the DC by +6. After the user teleports they are cloaked upon arriving at the target location for 2 rounds. The user can use this ability 3 times before requiring a 3 hour cool down.

Turbojet Jumpsuit
This variant is fitted with a flight and thruster system to allow the user to move about similar to Reapers, along with heavier armour and reinforcement. This flight system allows for flight, or power assisted jumps without achieving flight, or for quick dashes of speed.
Make the following changes to Hostile Environment suit mk2 to make a Turbojet Jumpsuit:
Increase Defense bonus to +5;
Increase weight to 25 lbs;
Add jet system;
Increase PDC to 39.
Jet System: This is a back mounted main thruster and smaller thrusters mounted on the legs with small maneuvering wings deployable from the back and shoulders. Able to fly at a speed of 60 ft (good maneuverability) for 2 hours. Alternatively the user can make jet assisted jumps, granting +10 to jump checks, reduces the height and length restrictions, allowing the user to jump up to 90 feet up or across without achieving flight. Each jump uses 5 rounds of fuel. Or the user can make a jet assisted dash, increasing their land speed to 90 for a single round, using 3 rounds of fuel. Any melee strikes made with this dash gain +2 to attack similar to a charge, gain +1d6 damage, but the user suffers -4 to Defense until the user's next turn.

kronos182

Adventurer
Been way too long since I've done a monster... any of you guys knows where I can find a good D20 Modern monster generator or at least a "how to" step-by-step document?

D&D Savage Species I think has some basic steps (minor adjustments for D20 Modern). I might have a PDF somewhere with some steps or a random generator tables..
I'll have to look through my PDFs and see what I've got..
I'm thinking of doing a few more Pokemon.. any suggestions?
Plus I might make a few Zerg-ified pokemon since there are some in the same area as the Zerg.

Remove ads