CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

The "good-guy" factions definitely don't use them, and even Villains probably dig the mecha versions (the O*N*E Project) more than the automated. Because Sentinels all have the "mutant murder machines" stigma and the programming often glitches into "kill all humans because it's the only way to be absolutely sure that no mutants will ever be born" mode.
Of course, probably guys like Blue Cosmos don't care.

kronos182

Adventurer
Here's a question.. how do we classify "Metahumans" from DC and other works from "Mutants", or augments, enhanced.. or even just the term Super Being ??
This is something we'll need to work out, as Sentinels as are, would hunt what Marvel classify as mutants, but would they hunt what DC calls mutants (if they even use that term) or any other Fictional Universe that uses the term mutant.. are they the same thing? how are they different?

I've had a few ideas of this bouncing around in my head for awhile, but something we should probably actually have some idea of if we're going to introduce something like the Sentinels or other "meta-human" hunters. We already do have the magical girl hunters.. which if I remember correctly are mostly anti-magic based hunters (characters that get their powers from a magical source and 'transform' into an enhanced version with powers that are magical based)

Lord Zack

Explorer
The "readers" from the Ink stories are probably in high demand, though for something they cannot do. You see, not even they can send fictions home from Coreline.

I've been wondering what happens to summoned creatures when the duration of the summon spell expires? What about when you destroy a D&D demon or other creature that is supposed to reform on it's own plane after being destroyed? I did have the idea of a sort of limbo forming from the essences of destroyed fiends, which would then reform from that instead.

kronos182

Adventurer
The "readers" from the Ink stories are probably in high demand, though for something they cannot do. You see, not even they can send fictions home from Coreline.

I've been wondering what happens to summoned creatures when the duration of the summon spell expires? What about when you destroy a D&D demon or other creature that is supposed to reform on it's own plane after being destroyed? I did have the idea of a sort of limbo forming from the essences of destroyed fiends, which would then reform from that instead.

I'd say parts of the outer planes were created during the 23 Hrs, so you could travel to the 9 Levels of Hell.. mind you it'd probably be a mix-mash of various sources (the ones with the largest publication/viewed on tv/movies, etc). So there'd be locations from published D&D books in the 9 Hells, plus probably a few from sources like Supernatural, maybe even some if any specific locations described in the bible.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Yeah (though I wouldn't think that CLULESS created anything. Merely bridging the gap between parallel universes offends my suspension of disbelief less than a violation of the conservation of matter.) , but once a fiction arrives on Coreline they are supposed to be stuck. They might be able to travel to various pocket dimensions and counterminous planes, but not to the Outer Planes or Inner Planes.

I had an idea that the Zerg might try to infest or otherwise recruit Rubeus Hagrid, due to his breeding of Blast-Ended Skrewts. It is believed that he would make an excellent Evolution Master...

Last edited:

Well, need to read on the high planes, I think. The whole place looks like the "Battleworld" of that new "Infinity Wars" comics -- a mish-mash of stuff dragged from different universes and pasted together.

Huh. Guess that could be recommended reading, too

Ok, so Outer Planes and Inner Planes may be out, we can discuss that (even through that way there is no way out -- presumably this would make them "smaller" than normal?). Hell is definitely (as far as summoned demons can tell) a mish-mash of interpretations as Kronos said.

Guess summoned demons go to limbo when destroyed instead of back to hell.

Hagrid vs. Kerrigan? Ok, crazy but it's normal around here...

Lord Zack

Explorer
There could be a Coreline cosmology that is an extension of Coreline, thus accessible to fictions that have come to Coreline. As you say, it would be a mishmash of various sources. I'm not sure which is better.

Remove ads