CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
I haven't been able to find any information on how many hardpoints the Strike Gundam has and how the Striker Packs fit into those hardpoints. I'm not certain each piece of equipment actually goes onto a hardpoint.

kronos182

Adventurer
I haven't been able to find any information on how many hardpoints the Strike Gundam has and how the Striker Packs fit into those hardpoints. I'm not certain each piece of equipment actually goes onto a hardpoint.

I 'estimated' as the Strike Gundam has to have physical points where the striker packs connect to allow power and control systems to interact between the two. So I used game logic to create a number for each and where they would connect to, so some you can and can't mix, although I'm sure, as you also mentioned, some can be combined however with these hardpoints they don't. It's partly for game balance and logic.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Well, I do think there shouldn't be anything preventing someone from using the Aile, Launcher and Sword Strikers at the same time. It's probably not the smartest thing to do, because despite the auxiliary batteries you will drain the mobile suit's power reserves extremely quickly. Which is why the AQM/E-YM1 Multiple Assault Striker includes four extended battery packs. You also weigh down the mech with all that extra equipment.

You can see a Gunpla using all three Striker packs here: https://www.bing.com/images/search?...c=U316&ajaxhist=0&vt=4&eim=1,2,3,4,6,8&sim=11

There is also the Multiple Assault Striker and ISWP Striker, which combine the functions of all three original packs.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Well, I do think there shouldn't be anything preventing someone from using the Aile, Launcher and Sword Strikers at the same time. It's probably not the smartest thing to do, because despite the auxiliary batteries you will drain the mobile suit's power reserves extremely quickly. Which is why the AQM/E-YM1 Multiple Assault Striker includes four extended battery packs. You also weigh down the mech with all that extra equipment.

You can see a Gunpla using all three Striker packs here: https://www.bing.com/images/search?...c=U316&ajaxhist=0&vt=4&eim=1,2,3,4,6,8&sim=11

There is also the Multiple Assault Striker and ISWP Striker, which combine the functions of all three original packs.

A good reason the Gunpla can use all three is because it's not the first mech to use them. New mechs will have improvements that can allow them to do what the original versions can't, such as equip more equipment/hardpoints.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Except that IS the original version. It is a Gunpla of the
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam, which is merely the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam equipping the Aile Striker. That Gunpla can also be equipped with the Sword Striker and Launcher Striker, indicating that the GAT-X105 should be able to equip all three.

The Aile Launcher Sword Strike is, or should be effectively worse than the Multiple Assault Striker, ISWP or Ootori Striker Pack. The capability to use the Aile Striker and the Launcher Striker isn't going to break anything.

The OZ-06MS Leo already has hardpoints. I wonder how hard it would be to configure them to accept Striker Packs.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
This may be relevant: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2242643119322689&id=2220962374824097

Also regarding Pathfinder, the Horrifically Overpowered Feats series of Rogue Genius Games products might be useful in a Coreline campaign. Since some characters really are that powerful in Coreline. Unfortunately they don't seem to be anywhere on d20pfsrd.com, which has a lot of third party rules, including other feats Rogue Genius Games has created.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Work has been keeping me busy, plus preparing for a convention I work at. Next weekend is the convention, so I probably won't be posting anything until closer to June.
In the meantime, while I have a nice to do list, with many WIPs, if there's anything in particular you want, send me a PM or post it here and I'll add to the list.

Oh.. On my personal posting thread, I added some new skill uses a little while ago. check it out and if you want to use them in your games, go right ahead. http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-s-d20-Stuff&p=7601060&viewfull=1#post7601060

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases