Chicago Gameday XIV Planning Thread: June 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painfully

First Post
Digital M@, I did PM Nikmal on the Reaper boards. He is around, but busy with family concerns. I had encouraged him to post on the planning thread when EN World promptly shut down. Hopefully, he will make an appearance now that EN World is back.

Buzz, I've confirmed with Curt that the store can accomodate a 7th slot. All is good with the morning painting table.

Painters! Why wait for gameday?! Just wanted to let you know that the store hosts a Wednesday night painting club. We share ideas, techniques, and critiques in a friendly, informal atmosphere, and always have room for beginners. We generally straggle in between 6-7pm, and talk minis until the store closes. So, feel free to join the fun, and maybe get that 1,000 pt army done just a wee bit sooner. ;)

buzz

Adventurer
Digital M@ said:
Hey Buzz, try not to lose the thread again!
Why you little... :]

Keep in mind that, given the recent update to the outage news item on the main page, we may very well lose this thread, yet regain the old one.

Mad admin skillz!

TracerBullet42

First Post
Well, according to the news on the front page, the "newer" backup is lost and it looks like we're here to stay as is.

FRONT PAGE OF ENWORLD said:
Some bad news, I'm afraid. I apologise if I raised anybody's hopes, but we're not going to be able to use a more recent database backup than the current (Dec 29th) one. This means that 5 months' of data is, unfortunately, lost.

So let's get this thread rollin'! What else do we need to figure out?

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
So let's get this thread rollin'! What else do we need to figure out?
Joe, FC, and Reid need to post their events, ASAP. Once we have that, we're good to go.

Picking an afternoon slot to play in is going to be difficult, damnit. Difficult indeed.

Who's got two thumbs and is excited about gameday? THIS guy. *points thumbs back at chest*

William Ronald

Explorer
Buzz, while I can't create a new event for the Gameday, being swamped with school work and a few other things, I can be a backup GM if needed. (I can run a previous event in case we have any last minute cancellations.)

buzz

Adventurer
So... what are the odds that Joe and Reid will post event descriptions before the weekend is up? :) I'll maybe shoot 'em an email.

Ninjacat, you mentioned that Reid was in the process of moving and may not be checking email? Would you mind pestering him for me, please?

Ninjacat

First Post
Heh.

I called him today and let him know you need his event descriptions to get the sign up thread going; he said he already had them written up, just needed to post. He also said he'd just gotten internet connected at the new place, so it should be forthcoming. You might want to re-email him the link to this thread, but I think it should just be waiting for him now that he can check his email again.

*shrug*

If he doesn't have it up by tomorrow night when I get home from work, I'll be sure to call and harass him about it Sunday. *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads